why not micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the problem with micro bubbles. I know sponges aren't too fond of them, but what others or processes are harmed by these bubbles. :?:

i think most will say they are just unsightly, and they tend to trap particles and float them to the surface, creating a skim on the surface of the water

Wouldn't this help carry suspended particles up for the skimmer to extract. Not arguing JAT. JMO I like the little bubbles, just like the ones in my head. Just thought this showed a good presence of O2 in the water. However, if the O2 is in the form of a bubble, then it's not disolved and that's what you want. Just curious,thanks for the input jks1.

FIsh can be irratated by the bubbles. Other corals can develop areas where they dont extend or even tissue regretion due to a collection of these bubbles into larger pockets of air.

the bubbles even when they are so small that you can hardly see them are still much to large for the fish to utilize as oxygen.

I say no to micro bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom