width of tank top edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so i have a 100gal 60.5"x18.5"x23.5"

im guessing this is a custom tank that i got at LFS.

the width of my tank top frame where any hang on items sit is 1" (26mm)
i bought a rondomatic 400 auto feeder and the mounting bracket doesnt fit because the black frame is too wide.

so is everyone elses frame 1" wide? how wide is yours?
does anyone else have this problem?
if i get a skimmer (remora aqua C or Coralife SS) will i have a problem getting it to fit?

thanks

ya the bigger the tank get's the bigger everything else gets, including the glass, and frames. On a tank that size, your best bet would be to utilize a sump for all your equipment.

ok so i have a 100gal 60.5"x18.5"x23.5"

Are you measuring from the inside of the tank or the outside. You should measure from the inside...

i bought a rondomatic 400 auto feeder and the mounting bracket doesnt fit because the black frame is too wide.
I have never had an autofeeder, but have read some other's experiences, and they say they tend to get clogged quite easily....Just an FYI...

roka, those are the measurements on the tanks "tag" the 1/2" is prob the glass thickness
anyway....whats the thickness of your frame? is it 1" or more like 1/2"

btw i got the best imo feeder
, individual compartments so it cant get cloged

those are the measurements on the tanks "tag" the 1/2" is prob the glass thickness

LOL! Ok, I guess they measured it correctly!

Ok, I just re-read your original post. You are talking about the lip at the top of your tank. I have a 55G and mine is probably more like .5 inch.
Is there any way to adjust your feeder mounting bracket?

no way to adjust the feeder braceket

i have to call the manufactur tomorrow and check with them
but if i have this problem with a feeder how do i know if i will have this problem when i go to buy a HOB skimmer.

or i can have a friend manufacture a new mounting bracket out of metal

or i can have a friend manufacture a new mounting bracket out of metal

I would stay away from metal, it will rust from the SW. Can you make a bracket with plastic that will fit?

I am not too sure about HOB since I have never had one and don't know if they are adjustible. Maybe some one that has one can help. I use a fluvial 304 canister.

Back
Top Bottom