Will a clown host a long tentacle plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a chance to get a 4-5" LT plate for $35 and was wondering if my pair of Percula clowns might host it if they were so inclined. Anyone had this happen???

Mine host the glass tank have a ton of corals they don't go near anything

They might. It just kind of happens. As far as I know there is nothing you can do to increase the chance. Mine host both the frogspawn and hammer in my tank, it took them awaile to do so with the hammer and more recently the frogspawn. Before that they stayed right next to my heater.

I am not getting it for the purpose of them hosting, but thought it would be cool if they did. Thanks for the info guys!

Just a heads up ... I had a clown kill off a few heads of my frogspawn. Don't know what might happen to a plate coral.

I'm not discouraging you, just keep an eye on the coral if the clown decides to host it.

Good luck :)

Clowns choose..

I am not getting it for the purpose of them hosting, but thought it would be cool if they did. Thanks for the info guys!

...where they want to go, not you. This is one of those, if it happens, it happens kind of thing. I've had a number of clownfish use Haitian pink tip anemones as their host anemone. Why do they do that? I don't know.:facepalm: They cannot be familiar with each other as they come from different oceans. They just do what they do when they want to do it. :fish2::fish2:

...where they want to go, not you. This is one of those, if it happens, it happens kind of thing. I've had a number of clownfish use Haitian pink tip anemones as their host anemone. Why do they do that? I don't know.:facepalm: They cannot be familiar with each other as they come from different oceans. They just do what they do when they want to do it. :fish2::fish2:

I figured that. I just like the plate either way! Picking it up from this guy. I am going to buy all of the stuff he has for $65. It is all relatively easy stuff to keep, and the plate is the only large piece. The rest are frags.

large plate coral

Not getting the skimmer though.....

Nice find. I have been looking at craigslist for a while never found anything good.

You from vegas i saw location nlv. Im from vegas too.

Yes, I have lived in Henderson for the last 6 years. Moved here after retiring from the Air Force in October 2005.

my clowns hosted a overflow for a powerfilter lol, they have reasently ventured away from it htough, which is good because it is soon going to be removed and relaced with a HOB refugium with skimmer. i have to modify the skimemr though, i'm not happy with the way the venturi is

Back
Top Bottom