Will corals of same type "fight"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HN1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sure that's a question with way too many variables for a yes or no answer. My specific interest is relative to a couple ORA Birdsnest frags that I have. I purchased two because I wasn't sure if they would survive or thrive and I wanted to try multiple locations in the tank. Turns out that they both are doing great. One of them has attached, the other is constantly being knocked off the rock by snails and I wanted to permanently mount it near the attached one so that when mature, they will appear to be one colony. Of course this is all dependent upon whether or not warfare is likely.

Any thoughts?

Since they're aquacultured, assuming they're both the same species, they're most likely the same actual coral. So I'm thinking they wouldn't fight. No different that fragging your own colony of birdsnest and sticking the frags right next to each other.

Since they're aquacultured, assuming they're both the same species, they're most likely the same actual coral. So I'm thinking they wouldn't fight. No different that fragging your own colony of birdsnest and sticking the frags right next to each other.

Thank you! :)

They are actually frags from the same colony. I got them from a member of my local club.

Back
Top Bottom