Will my fish be ok??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just want to know your thoughts on this. As many of you know, my fish are in qt being treated with Cupramine. All the ich is gone, and this Monday will be 2 weeks of the desired level of copper to kill all ich. All the fish are eating, and I have not had any problems other than a little elevated nitrite. I have been doing 5g water changes everyday. The qt tank is 30g and houses a descent size naso, a powder blue, and 2 percs. Here is the problem..

I have to go out of town Monday night and will returm Friday night. I have somebody that can feed my fish while I am gone, but they cannont do water changes. Also the copper will remain in there a few extra days. I know 17 days should be the max for copper but will 18 or 19 days be ok? Also should I have someone feed them, or should I just let them go 3 days without food. 3 days is not bad, but you must remember that the tangs had not started eating in qt until 3 days ago.

Well what is your opinion?

Thnaks..

As long as the fish are doing well, they can stay as they are. 21 days with a Cupramine treatment is actually the prefered length of time so the extra 3-5 days won't be a bother.

With the nitrite showing, I would be wary about feeding unless you also trust this person to test and perform the water changes as well?

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve.....I will leave them without food and without a water change for 3 days. I will do a 10 to 15g water change before I leave and one when I get back.. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom