will this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all, today I went to the LFS to get a Pajama Cardinal, got him, but mom desided to get a scooter blenny at the last second..and anyways, I put them in the tank (after accumulation) and my damsel went straight for my cardinal, so my question is, should I take him out and put him in a QT tank and wait a few day's...or take him back to the LFS, and wait to get another blue tail till the last fish ( I want one but I dont want him hurting my other fish)..? Thanks in advance (my pjama was bit in the tail :evil: and he looks..not happy, also, is their anything special the blenny/pajama need to be fed?) :?:

Psst, you may want to update "my info".
What kind of damsel?

If you do anything get rid of the damsel. And by the way it`s a yellow tail Damsel

LOL! I searched all over for a blue tailed one! He is semi aggressive. You might be able to put him in your QT for a few days, and see if he won't attack. That is a great idea. These are the steps I tank when adding new fish:
1. Drip Acclimate (of course)
2. Feed the main (even just a little, helps to make them calm)
3. Turn off the lights
4. Sometimes rearrange the LR
5. Add the new guy (light are still off for a few hours)
6. Watch closely

ok...Thanks....the only bad thing is... I dont have a QT (yet) that is big enough to house him, well at least, were he will be happy... my only extra tank is a tiny 1gall..... but I do plan to add new fish in the future..like..at least 2 clowns and a clown goby or two, and maybe a 6 line wrass or something.... all peacefull,...but then the stinking yellow tailed is semi aggressive *mad* why do the pretty fish have to be mean *really mad* LOL

Just be glad you didn't get a blue damsel, he killed my royal gramma (of course, I didn't ask here first and the poor guy suffered!) There are other damsels that are even meaner!

oh gosh! I guess I will take him to the LFS ASAP (they are closed for the night but will go in the AM) and add him last....

pods

Scooter Blennys main food source is pods, same as mandarin. They are in the dragonet family.

amphipods look like little insects running around the rock. sometimes you'll see them during day but at night they really come out. Use flash light after tank is dark. Copepods are smaller and they will be swimming.

Any time you add a new fish, your going to see some attitude from the current fish. I have 2 yellow tail damsels and they are the last in the pecking order. The clown and the Royal Gramma keep them at bay. My Yellow watchman has no issues with them and my Mandarin did not either. It is best to add a new fish with the lights off or maybe just actinics. This lets them sneak in so to speak.

I would try it a few days and see what happens. Getting a fish out is sometimes not easy to do. I don't really like my damsels but they do swim a lot and seem to make the other fish swim too.

Back
Top Bottom