working all night on my two tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
As i have to work night shift monday and i want to be able to sleep tommorow afternoon to be ready for work i will be staying up all night and working on my tanks also i dont think i could sleep right now because of a tooth ache :(

Well i just got done cleaning my uber dirty sand. So now i need to wait for the cloudiness to clear up(wow) and then its on to putting all of the rocks back. Im going for a more good looking, but still sturdy design. So well see how it goes.

yea i just reagranged my rocks a few weeks back you can see it in my newest update album i have a arch and cave now diy rocks still tweaking here and there

Nice. I have a 55G too lol. Btw, i noticed in your profile it says you have a 10G sump.. hows that working out? Can you fit everything in there ok?

yea its awesome i actually never knew how big the sump is its been home made out of rubber maids and a 5 gal tank for a fuge but if nothing else it helps with water changes or just adds water volume i love it i i have all my equipment in there i had a protien skimmer in there too but i tossed it it was a cheapo right now i am building this overflow to connect my other tank to the same sump

Nice. Sounds awesome. I think i want to use a 10G sump, but i dont know if i should try and use a 15G or 20G. Just have to find whatever will fit under my stand lol.

I am using a 20g long just in case the power goes out and it dosen't flood my floor through the sump.

imo use the biggest that will fit under your tank my sump is a redneck sump from wat my girl frined says lol :) i built it out of round the house items just use your imagination sumps dont have to be expensive.

imo use the biggest that will fit under your tank my sump is a redneck sump from wat my girl frined says lol :) i built it out of round the house items just use your imagination sumps dont have to be expensive.

I was gonna do a cheapy around the house plastic made tank out of a plastic storage container. But when i said that my dad freaked and said the plastic would crack and flood my floor.

i actually have used one for a while its like a long flower pot thing its pretty deep and long works great :)

That is a really good idea, using a flower pot. Maybe a ceramic one. Is yours ceramic? I believe my dad would go for that, but it might be cheaper to just go get a tank of craiglist.

Yeah i was gonna say, petsmart has like 29G tanks for 40$. But im sure i could find a cheaper 15-20G tank for like 20-30$. I really do need one though. I have all the components for a sump, except for the overflow box, and the flex hose for the overflow. Dnt know tho. I want to use at least a 15G.

Back
Top Bottom