Would it be better if i got 2 750gph power heads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankneebie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on getting a 29 gallon oceanic biocube and i want some powerheads. Would it be better if i got 2 750gph power heads? OR is that overkill for the tank?

Does seem like alot for a 29 gallon tank. IMO I would get two at maybe half that flow for a 29.

A total of 750gph in the tank split between the two powerheads is a much better option. With 750gph total flow in your tank you will have roughly 25x turn over which is pretty good for a reef.

Bio cube that you've brought up already has what you need already included with it... unless you've looked at something different.

"316 GPH submersible pump with adjustable discharge nozzle"

Kinda does... I think you could do with one of those powerheads instead and make it so the return and powerhead to clash into each other.

well it uses no electricity like it says, and my guess is if it fits, why not! i'm gonna get one and get a koralia nano for my 14 biocube, the lower power nano, of course

The rotating deflector is designed to attach to a power head. I used to use them on MaxiJets. They decrease the output somewhat, but if maintained and cleaned regularly they work great.

The rotating deflector is designed to attach to a power head. I used to use them on MaxiJets. They decrease the output somewhat, but if maintained and cleaned regularly they work great.

I was wondering about that cool

Back
Top Bottom