Would one T5 HO 10,000k bulb be enough to support corals in a 16 gal. bow front tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trhea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would one T5 HO 10,000k bulb be enough to support corals in a 16 gallon bow front tank??

That might be cutting it close for coral. You may be able to keep really low light coral in there but it would not be optimal conditions. I would say at least a 2 bulb fixture if you want to keep coral.

Yea I was thinking I'd need a two bulb fixture also I just dont want to pay for it lol it's 18" tall

I understand completely; I'm always reefing with a budget in mind. How wide is you bowfront? I've seen some decent lights (dual T5 HO) for under $100. But they may still not be enough wattage for your situation.

Yea it's 20" long 13" wide and 18" tall I don't even have it yet I'm just tryin to plan ahead

If you were to go with the Current USA Novas, got to petmountain.com; they're almost $20 cheaper there. Your tank is narrow (about the size of a rectangular 10G) and high. If you wanted to keep almost any kind of corals, you're probably going to have to go with metal halides and those aren't cheap.

I would go to aquatraders.com it is a great website with cheap prices.

from, Adam

Back
Top Bottom