would this work???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm planning on seting up a 46g bow front SW tank.LIGHTING:192W 36" coralife aqua lunar light.FILTRATION:LR ,with a fluval 204 and a seaclone "100" portein skimmer.HEATER:visi-therm 150W heater.
would this support 2 clowns,1 sixline wrasse,1 yellow watchman goby, and coral????
tony

That should support most anything you want. Not clams or some of the hard corals, but you just need to find corals that can survive in 4wpg lighting. Your fish list is fine .

so no clams or hard coral?? what if i were to put them under a ledge in a shadow???
tony

You may want to upgrade from the seaclong to a better skimmer like the remora or bak pak. Other than that everything seems fine.

I have a very similar set-up as yours:
47.5 gallon, 192w PC coralife, eheim cannister with lr rubble, 150w visi-therm, etc.

I used the seaclown for 2-3 weeks, then upgraded to a remora w/ MJ1200. You should look into doing this. The remora is 10 times the skimmer, IMO. it pulled out more junk in 1 day than the seaclone did in 3 days. Definately worth the $$. found it online for $170 or so.

I have a lot more fish than you(5 medium sized), and a few soft corals(5 or 6).

I have been told the deresa and the squamosa clams are ok to keep in PC light in the 4w/gal range.

My readings are all "0" and everything seems to be growing and happy.

I know it's only been set-up 3 months, and I know that longevity will be the only tell of a successful tank, but it looks great and all is well.

I would tell you it will work fine, just upgrade the skimmer and maybe start thinking about additional water flow.

HTH, Logan

Go with the Aquac Remora. I had a seaclone 100 skimmer too, and the only thing good about it is the MJ 1200 PH which i'm using for water currents. :)

You may also want to research more on the clams. I have been told that clams only survive 3 months or less in a well established tank.

Back
Top Bottom