Wrasse compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!

I LOVE wrasse and I was wondering if I can introduce in the same tank one yellow wrasse, six line wrasse and leopard wrasse without creating any conflict or stress to the animals.

The tank is reef 65 gallons with plenty LR (30kg) and hiding places for wrasse.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have about 5 wrasses in my 90g and they are all fine. Much bigger tank of course. lol

I think the yellow and the sixline would be fine. Not too sure about the leopard.

Are Leopard wrasse more aggressive?

No if anything they're less. You understand leopards aren't an easy fish to keep right? I'd stick to just 2 out of the 3. Sixlines can be little menaces too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I never had one, but from what I red they tend to be hard to acclimate, once established they are not picky on food and if you say that not aggressive... :)
What about the blue star wrasse then? Could it be an easier choice?

They're tough to get eating. Make sure you see it eat in the store before you buy it. Blue star is a type if leopard so same issue. If you can find a healthy eating specimen go for it :).

Okidokey! Thanks

I would think the only problem would be the sixline being a bully...depends on your whole livestock load but think it would be okay, leopards are one of those fish that I would advise against buying unless you see eating frozen food

Back
Top Bottom