Wrasses and Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BUFishFan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank set up with about 55+ lbs of live rock. I have a Stars and Stripes Puffer, a Picasso Trigger, and a Lunare Wrasse in the tank as well as a Slate Pencil Urchin. I have only a standard ballast with a CoralLife 50/50 bulb for lighting. For filtration and water movement I have a Venturi style protein skimmer run on a Rio 1800 pump, a H.O.T. Magnum, a Cap 600 and Rio 90 pump moving water around the bottom. By the end of the week I will have an AquaClear 500 to filter out what the H.O.T misses, which is quite a lot :evil: :? . I should have never gotten that thing but I'm stuck with it now and hindsight is 20/20 :? . I digress, my question is this, I'm well aware of the Lunare Wrasse's reputation for destroying inverts, can I get away with putting a hardy anemone, like a rock/flower or some sort of Condy in there with it? I've heard varying feedback on this question and was wondering if anyone out there has tried it before. My first concern is always the animal and I don't want to go around handing out death sentences to sessile inverts :wink:. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No you have too many samplers. If the wrasse doesn't try, the trigger will, If the trigger doesn't try the puffer will.

Ihave planned for the growth of these fish. They will be moved once they grow too large for this aquarium. I was just wondering if for the time being the anemone would be alright in there with them.

was just wondering if for the time being the anemone would be alright in there with them.

It will not be safe with the Wrasse, Trigger or Puffer ......

Kaye

Oooooooooooooooookay. I won't put one in there. :? I guess this just gives me another excuse to buy another tank!!! :mrgreen: ! Thanks everyone for your input. It was very helpful

Back
Top Bottom