Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you keep Xenia? If so, at what temp do you keep the tank? I have read several articles that suggest that Xenia does better in temps of 80* or less. Was just wondering if anyone is having good results with it at higher temps. Since warm weather is upon us, my tanks are creeping up to 82-83* in the afternoon in spite of the AC and the fans on the tanks.
Logan J

I keep xenia...My heater is set at 80*F, so right this minute, with the lights off the temp is 80, once the MH come on it will creep up to 82*F and usually stay there, if for some reason I have been messing with the tank and forget to turn the fan back on...it will creep upto about 85*, I never noticed my xenia caring one way or the other.

re xenia

I keep my water at 74-79 tops in my reef my xenia grows and has split a few times i started with 1 and now have 3. Iv always heard not to have water at 80 or above for saltwater but if it works keep doing it right :).

Iv always heard not to have water at 80 or above for saltwater
I have read several articles that suggest that Xenia does better in temps of 80* or less

Where'd you get that bit of information from (got a link)? With the average natural reef temperature somewhere between 82 and 84 I thought it made sense to keep our tanks above 80.
My xenia grows so fast I have to remove large hunks of it every couple months. My tank temp is around 82F.

I'm not currently keeping any xenia, but I want to get some. I had also read (on GARF I think) that xenia preferred cooler temps. I just wanted some input from some folks who were keeping it before I got any. We had some in a tank at the store and it promptly melted away. Thanks for the info.
Logan J

My tanks run hot, my xenia is running rampant. Both the pompom and the regular type of pulsing. It got so carried away that it became my first fragging victim :)

I have tons of Xenia. My tanks around 79. My Xenia seems extremly happy.

Sounds great! I shouldn't have any problem adding it to the existing tanks then.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom