xenia ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The suction cups do nothing to hold it in place anymore but I have moved it around sevral times in the last couple weeks to see if it could also be a location problem there is not a lot of flow hit the xeina I just did another water change tonight it looks even a little more sunken today. Is there a type that is hard to keep?

All corals can be difficult to keep if there is a problem, it's just a matter of discerning where that lies and fixing it. Water flow can be an issue as well as chemistry and proximity/density of neighbouring corals.

Try adjusting that powerhead some more, replace the suction cups for new, keep up the water changes and weekly carbon change. You might also want to examine it's proximity to the Briarium above.

Cheers
Steve

Still doing the water changes coral xeina looks beter but still nothing like it did the first 6 months I have had it. I will try and keep an up date as to how it is coming along I thank everyone for your help.

(y) (y)

Did you address the possible issues noted above...?

Cheers
Steve

Yes I moved the power head propping it up with a live rock actually both power heads added a red sea prism skimmer and relocated the coral above it to the other side of the tank beside and behind the toadstool where it could still be seen from the front of the tank. I added another xenia frag it looks way deferent than the one I am having trouble with but the one I have been having trouble with perked up even a little more after adding the new xenia frag. Maybe it was lonely

ashobson said:
I added another xenia frag it looks way deferent than the one I am having trouble with
There are actually many species of Xeniid's so it more than likely is a different species. As far as the improvement on the incumbant, I think you can atribute that to your dilligent efforts. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Still alive looks a little better today but still nothing like when I first got it. The new ones are doing fine also. One has attached to the glass one split went from 3 new ones to 4 new ones I think there will be many more splits in the upcoming weeks i will try and get new photos up by weekend end. thanks all.

Still growing and looking beter. I have found the source for its shrinking My new ones have one side starting to look the same My pigmy angal was caught niping at it the other nite maybe eating it.the ones towards the glass in the back still look great.

The angel is probably the problem.. My xenia was just a little stub and it grew into 5 nice sized groups of 25 heads and they were doing great for months...
Then they started to look small and smaller and they were not opening up... One day I happened to catch the rusty angel doing a fast drive buy nip 8O
I stopped and sat to the side of the tank and watched and after a few min he came back for another drive buy..... then another.... I removed the xenia and put it in another tank and it has recovered and almost back to where it was.

Back
Top Bottom