xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hello,

I have some xenia that are starting to grow abit out of control.

From what I have read you can frag / trim them using a razorblade and them rubberband them to a eggcrate or small rock.

Is that infact true?

Any if so is there a place on here where people can trade frags?

Thanks,

Attachments

• xenia_248.jpg
    xenia_248.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 92
yes that is true, u could try your local reef club. or you could maybe sell some to your local fish store for in store credit you can always use that if shipping wasn't so much i would love to take some of your hands.

Xenia is not known to be a hardy shipper, your best bet is to find someplace locally.

I dont think there is a forum on here but Reef Central Has a trading/selling forum. As for fraggin the xenia I just did about 20 of them about 2 weeks ago. Get some small rubble rock, toothpicks, and some rubber bands. Stick the toothpick through the xenia and then rubber band around the rock. Give them like a week and then remove the toothpicks and rubber bands. Be careful when you pull the picks out because the xenia will attach to it and you might pull out the center of the stalk. HTH

Thanks,

I'm glad I'm not a xenia.

Is the toothpick there to remove them from the rock?

Ha ha! LOL!!! :lol:
I think your Xenia is GORGEOUS! I wish mine looked like yours (and Cindy's).

However, let me get this straight...you think you have too much and you want to frag to make more? I don't get it. Why do you want to frag???

no the toothpick is there to hold the xenia to the new rock until it attaches itself.

I get it. Thanks.

I want to frag it in the front where its starting to grow on the glass. Want to be able to clean the glass.

Plus I would like to start trading frags instead of buying corals from the ocean.

There are 2 other places in the tank where I moved pieces that just fell off the main branch and are starting to florish there.

Back
Top Bottom