xenia and yellow polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some xenia that has moved onto the same rock as a yellow polyp colony. The side of the xenia tht is facing the polyps is looking a bit "wilted". Could the polyps be stinging th xenia? All other xenia is looking great and water parameters are well within normal limits. Thanks! Lando

In coral warfare, Xenia will lose almost every time. If possible I would cut the Xenia away from that rock and relocate it. Otherwise it will continue to dwindle into nothing.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks. Should I just use a razor and get it at the base? Super glue to re-attatch

Cut it as close as possible to the base. It will try to come back but the yellow polyps will cure that. I always find gluing softies rather hit and miss, you can try it but it's alot easier to let them attach themselves. Either wedge it in a safe place or fill a shallow plastic food grade container with rubble pieces and sit it in there. You'll need to cover it loosely with veil material. If you have a HOB breeder box, I find that to be the easiest and least amount of fuss.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom