Yellow Polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonzo82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a frag of these from my lfs. I was wondering what and how i should feed these. I have read that they like brine shrimp but you have to feed them to each polyp. They also like plankton i have read, where could i get this stuff.

You dont really HAVE to feed, but they like cyclopeeze as do my zoos :wink: they mostly get their food by photosynthesis.

Don't get me wrong...I like yellow polyps, but they are an aquatic weed once they get started. I wouldn't bother feeding them. They will grow like crazy once they get established and they'll snag some food every time you feed the fish anyway. Don't let them get started on any rock that you don't want covered with them. I usually keep them on a separate rock to limit the spread some. If you do want to feed them, they will eat anything...even flakes.

I'll melt a cube of frozen brine shrimp on a paper towel & mix it with water from the tank in a coffee cup. Then I take a turkey baster (never used for anything else!) and spot feed once a week.

Back
Top Bottom