Yellow spots in coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savannafish

Aquarium Advice Activist
A couple days ago I noticed one yellow spot on one of my dead corals that I got from my local salt water store. I didn't think much of it bc my peppermint shrimp and hermit crab that's currently in there have not been effected by it (they are cycling the tank). I just noticed today after school that the spots have gotten bigger and into other coral and even the glass. My levels are fine which is weird, is it harmful? Image1487100885.208217.jpgIMG_8230.jpgIMG_8231.jpgIMG_8232.jpg

It looks like diatoms which are part of the cycle. They usually rub off super easily. Just wait the sand will get a nice dusting as the tank reaches the end of its cycle

It looks like diatoms which are part of the cycle. They usually rub off super easily. Just wait the sand will get a nice dusting as the tank reaches the end of its cycle

Ok so it is nothing to worry about? Because tomorrow morning I am leaving to go to the other side of the country :/

you"ll have a surprise when you get back .
good circulation can help keep it to a minimum but yes it's normal in a new tank,

you"ll have a surprise when you get back .
good circulation can help keep it to a minimum but yes it's normal in a new tank,

Ok thank you!! Haha yea I read a little bit about it online and it said it reproduces pretty quickly[emoji51] hopefully the shrimp and hermit crab will eat some of it

Back
Top Bottom