Yellow Tang tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some fish outlets sell very small, about 1.5 or less inch long yellow tangs. Many tang species will not survive if added to an aquarium at this size but Zebrosoma (the genus that makes up yellow tangs) are known to do well. If you get one at this size be sure to add lots of freeze dried algae and make sure you have some natural algae growth on your live rock.

Alvarez,

I'm sorry if you felt belittled by any comment I made. I don't understand why you feel that way. But since you do, I apologize as it was not my intent...

Good luck with your tank...

I think belittled is a bit strong of word... I felt as if you were trying to say I was looking for a "Dory fish" which is a royal tang and gets larger than a normal yellow tang if my memory serves me right.

I hate it when I hear kids say "LOOK ITS DORY!" or "look its nemo!!!!" I have taught my son their real names and at 8 years old he has made a few LFS reps shut up pretty quick thinking he is a stupid kid.

If that was not your intent then cool :)

Ohhhhh...

I didn't even notice (until going back just now) that you mentioned a blue tang in your first post. Now I understand. No, that wasn't why I mentioned "Dory fish." I was just messin' around...

I hate it when I hear kids say "LOOK ITS DORY!" or "look its nemo!!!!"
I totally agree with that!

Now...I think this thread has out-lived it's usefullness. Alvarer, if your original question was answered to your satisfaction can we all just move on?

np by me it was answered well :) I just wanted to make sure Reese knew I had no ill feelings and I understood he was joking...

All's good.

Back
Top Bottom