yellow tint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
the water in my tank has a yellow tint to it. Could there be too many organic compounds in the water? Would a skimmer help? Which one is the best if it would help? i m interested in the prizm skimmer by Red Sea

TIA

P-MAn

Ooops. Almost forgot. A skimmer would defnitely be a plus for cleaner water. A CPR backpak would be better IMO.

Mike

save your money till you can at least afford a remora ! you will be happier in the long run

A skimmer may help. Water change is the first course of action. Use a good quality RO/DI water. Also, run some new GAC, that may help clear things up.

i did the water change and ran new carbon and this is my tank after two weeks. Not much change. I m thinking that i have way too many dissolved proteins. Time for a skimmer.

Attachments

• yukky_yellow_tint.jpg
    yukky_yellow_tint.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 131
  • yukky_yellow_tint.jpg
    yukky_yellow_tint.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 278
My water had a yellow tint to it looking down the tank from the side and I tried everything under the sun to clear it up, nothing worked but when I added the lr within 24 hours the water looks like sparkling clear spring water, Not for sure exactly what it did but it sure did something and cleared it up quiclky, I notice you dont have much lr, might try adding a few more pieces and see what it does. I'd be willing to bet it cleared it up.

is the water yellow looking when put in a white bucket? If not, it could be the bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom