Yellow Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cunningham

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey my buddy recently bought a yellow watchman goby and he was wondering if it's a sand sifter like the orange spot sleeper goby ?

I have a watchman and tiger pistal, they hide alot, but when they do come out there awsome!

The yellow is not a big sandsifter but will sift by its hole or domain. I think the pistol will make more of a disturbance in the sand.

I have a yellow prawn gobie and he sifts sand once in a blue moon but his personality and his sour puss face make him my favorite fish by far.
:fish2:

Attachments

• Herm.jpg
    Herm.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Big Herm.JPG
    Big Herm.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 114
Get him a pistol shrimp he will be much happier and your sand will always be changing

I have a pistol I bought for my pink spotted watchman and they don't even hang out together or even near each other. lol i havent seen the pistol or heard him since the day I dropped him in. He is alive though based on the mountains of sand I have every morning around my rocks. :-D

I have a pistol I bought for my pink spotted watchman and they don't even hang out together or even near each other. lol i havent seen the pistol or heard him since the day I dropped him in. He is alive though based on the mountains of sand I have every morning around my rocks. :-D

That kinda stinks. I already have a Banded Coral and a Blood Red fire Shrimp. Do you think if I get a pistol it would mess up the tank dynamic? I mean shrimp wise, I don't want to have territorial disputes and whatnot erupt'n.

Pistols are very small and mighty it won't mess with your other shrimp but if they bother it it's sure to win Im sorry about yours not pairing up carey I put mine in and they were together after the first day I guess it's just luck mine is a yellow watchman and a tiger pistol I think those pair the best

My orange spot goby murdered my yellow prawn goby. I don't have any evidence, so no trial, but I am pretty sure he did it. The orange spot is a great worker, so I guess he is forgiven. Has anyone else had a problem with these fish mixing? My tank is 300 gallon with a lot of room.

I have a Yellow Prawn, Diaomomd and a Banded Watchman Gobie in the same tank and all of em get along. They switch caves and sometimes share em at the same time. I have is a 65 gallon and they have more than enough room to roam I can only imagine the amount of cool places they could hide in you're tank. i bet they could go days on end and not cross paths. My money would be on some other fish take'n out the little guy but I could be wrong. You might have one bad seed that waxed him. In any event i say just keep an eye on the culprit. Sorry about loose'n the little guy.

I HATE losing a fish. It may have been he was just to little to survive in a pretty competitive reef. It is not impossible he is still alive in the tank, but haven't seen him for a month. There was never a body recovered..

I think that the best pistol/goby pair is a randalls goby with a candy cane pistol. I have a Randal and bought him a pistol then i didnt see that shrimp for a long time so i got him another and come to find out he now has both of them......lol

Just reading this thread...is it common to pair a goby and shrimp together? My bf and I decided on getting one goby for our 6g. Is there a certain combination we should do?

Back
Top Bottom