Yellow watchman loosing his color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the title states, my YWG is not as yellow as he was. He is a very pale yellow now. Is this diet related or does it happen naturally?

Wasn't sure if this should be in the sick fish section as he doesnt appear sick in the least, just not yellow anymore.

Thanks for any help or insight....

My watchmen did the same thing.I got him a pistol shrimp to buddy up with his color came back and he's looking great.I think he might of been a lil stressed.

Is something stressing him, getting to close to his territory? My YWG fades a little when the coral beauty angel tries to get under the YWG rock.

Yea I think what helped me was the pistol shrimp dug caves under my rock so they would go from one side to other under gravel.best friends great to watch.

He's defintiely eating, he's a little piggy. lol

I didnt want to add a pistol to this tank as I am having possible issues with onbe in my 125g, he may be a shrimp killer. :-(

I did do a water change today so maybe thats his stress. His tankmates are citron goby, a scooter and a mandarin so I don't think they are picking on him. In fact he does the aggressive open mouth lunge at the scooter if he gets too close to the back rock he likes to hang out under LOL

Well todays another day and the yeloow wathcman is back to his yellow color. Maybe not as bright as he was when I first got him but his color is now normal for for him.

I'm guessing the stress of the pwc made him change color. Just worried about the next pwc though, don't want him stressed out once a week.

I have/had one and when my power went out, the temp. dropped and he turned stone grey. Within a day or so he started to yellow back up. Not sure if he's still around in my tank anymore because i got a dwarf eel that stole his cave, and haven't seen him in month or so. I'm thinking maybe he's scared to death and hiding out or got eaten.

mine goes dull when its nighttime. Every morning he's probably dull color but it seems to bounce back either with the lights or just waking up within 5 minutes. And for the pistol shrimp, just get a smaller one :) You can't resist them

carey said:
Well todays another day and the yeloow wathcman is back to his yellow color. Maybe not as bright as he was when I first got him but his color is now normal for for him.

I'm guessing the stress of the pwc made him change color. Just worried about the next pwc though, don't want him stressed out once a week.

Don't you think 15% water change every other week would suffice.Frequent water changes do stress all livestock to a certain degree.In my experience.

In this particular tank though it needs it. I have to overfeed for the scooter and the mandarin and I like to keep 0 trates so it's a must for the cube.

The goby has gone back to a very pale yellow again, I don't think he likes the new addtitons to the tank I put in today. LOl silly little fish. I'm sure he'll bounce back since the clowns arent going to bother him, heck, they havent even gone near the sandbed yet. hehe

carey said:
In this particular tank though it needs it. I have to overfeed for the scooter and the mandarin and I like to keep 0 trates so it's a must for the cube.

The goby has gone back to a very pale yellow again, I don't think he likes the new addtitons to the tank I put in today. LOl silly little fish. I'm sure he'll bounce back since the clowns arent going to bother him, heck, they havent even gone near the sandbed yet. hehe

My mistake,I thought you were talking about the 125.
You do realize that if you keep adding tanks you might want to make sure your feet aren't starting to grow skin between your toes.LOL

If it did I'd have to upgrade tanks to like a 500g so i could literally swim with the fishies! LOL

Back
Top Bottom