young yellow boxfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
so I have been waiting for this boxfish for what seems like forever(possibly only a few months:) ) and it has finally arrived!! I am very excited to bring the little guy home! Does anyone have any tips or comments about them? It would be greatly appreciated thanks!

They need at least 125 Gallons and can nuke your tank if stressed....

the fish i am getting is about the size of a penny i have read of them being very happy in smaller tanks. i will have a 250 gallon tank to transfer him too once he gets too big. i have had one about a year ago in a 75 gallon tank..he lived very happily for about a year until we moved..i believe the stress killed the poor guy :( he did not kill the tank however. Im hopeing my new one will be very happy in my 28 gallon tank the store owner thinks he will be

so boxfish recap:) i have had my boxfish for 3 weeks he is eating very very well and seems very happy. he did have some ick when i brought him home but thankfully it has cleared up with the help of garlic

Back
Top Bottom