Your all time favorite coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Giant green Duncan coral

Low-med light. Occasional target feeding med flow.

Attachments

• image-1592829986.jpg
    image-1592829986.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 97
SleepsWithFish said:
Giant green Duncan coral

Low-med light. Occasional target feeding med flow.

That looks really awesome, I love the green, I bet it would glow under the right lights!

Candy cane had it from a friend near dead but it come back from the dead and loves strong light

Attachments

• image-143774101.jpg
    image-143774101.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 114
Candy cane had it from a friend near dead but it come back from the dead and loves strong light
That is a beautiful piece! I am probably going to get one of those too! They definitely have bright colors that stand out, which I like.

redsea said:
That is a beautiful piece! I am probably going to get one of those too! They definitely have bright colors that stand out, which I like.

Yeah- I have the Kryptonite candy coral and it's amazing under the blues.

This is one of my candy cane corals. I really like mine, but not my all time favorite. They do grow relatively quickly though :)

Attachments

• image-1178862226.jpg
    image-1178862226.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 86
Greenturtle said:
This is one of my candy cane corals. I really like mine, but not my all time favorite. They do grow relatively quickly though :)

It looks really nice! Thanks for posting the picture!

My mate had it and it was dying so I got it back to life

Scotty09 said:
My mate had it and it was dying so I got it back to life

That's right, you said that earlier, I apologize. Sometimes I have brain freezes.:lol:

Jlsardina said:
Lol. True. But some corals do better in dirty tanks because that's their natural environments- muddy/murky waters. Just look up some of the oceans that these corals come from and you can usually get a better idea. Most areas of the great barrier are pristine and will do good in an aquarium IMO.

Same with flowerpots, or Goniporia. They like turbid waters for sure. I think a lot of Xenia falls in this category as well.

Gregcoyote said:
Same with flowerpots, or Goniporia. They like turbid waters for sure. I think a lot of Xenia falls in this category as well.

Agreed. The best we can do it try to match their natural habitat as best as we can and hope it thrives. There are no 100% guarantees in this hobby

I'm a fan of acans which are fairly hardy LPS corals, here are some of mine:

img_1632733_0_029a6ba49e36511ffe8c243e3246abea.jpg

img_1632733_1_9f52972d17290ea18fd68d68b4819fdd.jpg

redsea said:
They look beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! I will definitely consider these as long as they don't require a ton of work. :)

I have the Aussie lord acans and I love them. They are very low maintenance and a beautiful addition of red to the tank. It's hard to fun good corals that all are not green in some way or another. Lol

Back
Top Bottom