Your all time favorite coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
His is a thread for you to post a picture and/or care requirements of your favorite coral. I am trying to get some ideas for my future tank. Thank you everyone! :)

Don't have it yet- but it's definitely on my shopping list!

AUSSIE ELEGANCE CORAL

More hardy than other elegance coral. Requires a medium to high level of light and low to medium current, and occasional feedings of small pieces of shrimp, brine and mysis shrimp.

Very cool, it has blue tips, right? Thanks for posting! I will definitely consider this one!

They have variations of color. But make sure you get the Aussie. Better track records in tanks. Cleaner water on the great barrier reef. Regular elegance corals are found in dirtier water in the ocean. You would need a dirty tank to keep it happy. Lol. I've seen the Aussies on LA divers den all the time. A 4-5 inch costs about 99$-120$

Jlsardina said:
They have variations of color. But make sure you get the Aussie. Better track records in tanks. Cleaner water on the great barrier reef. Regular elegance corals are found in dirtier water in the ocean. You would need a dirty tank to keep it happy. Lol. I've seen the Aussies on LA divers den all the time. A 4-5 inch costs about 99$-120$

Thanks for all of the great information, I appreciate it! I think it would be funny of LA put under the care requirements of the regular Elegance Corals. "Requires poor water" lol.

redsea said:
Thanks for all of the great information, I appreciate it! I think it would be funny of LA put under the care requirements of the regular Elegance Corals. "Requires poor water" lol.

Lol. True. But some corals do better in dirty tanks because that's their natural environments- muddy/murky waters. Just look up some of the oceans that these corals come from and you can usually get a better idea. Most areas of the great barrier are pristine and will do good in an aquarium IMO.

I love my ricordea mushrooms. They look amazing, need very little care, and are relatively cheap. I would go with a green or orange one.

Greenturtle said:
I love my ricordea mushrooms. They look amazing, need very little care, and are relatively cheap. I would go with a green or orange one.

Florida ricordea are great too! Blue and grey!

Re: Re: Signature

THey sound really nice, I am going to look them up now on LA.

The picture on LA is really bad and not very representative of them. I would search them on google instead.

Yeah, and they grow quickly. I have the green, orange, and blue ones in my 90 gallon reef, and I'm getting a rainbow one for my future 29 biocube.

I love my frogspawn coral, very easy to for but they do Have sweeper tentacles so you have to watch their placement with other corals. About once a week or so I feed mine a piece of shrimp -

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111106_090856.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111106_090856.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 138
Greenturtle said:
Yeah, and they grow quickly. I have the green, orange, and blue ones in my 90 gallon reef, and I'm getting a rainbow one for my future 29 biocube.

I just looked up the rainbow, they look awesome too! Thanks for the suggestions!

Leathers are good and hardy as well. I have the bright green finger leather, cabbage leather that's turned many colors, and a toadstool. If you like flowy, colt corals and GSP are good too. I have a buddy that has the whole back wall of his tank covered in GSP. Looks amazing

Mine.Mine. said:
I love my frogspawn coral, very easy to for but they do Have sweeper tentacles so you have to watch their placement with other corals. About once a week or so I feed mine a piece of shrimp -

I really like Frogspawns too! That one is almost a definite! Thanks!

Jlsardina said:
Leathers are good and hardy as well. I have the bright green finger leather, cabbage leather that's turned many colors, and a toadstool. If you like flowy, colt corals and GSP are good too. I have a buddy that has the whole back wall of his tank covered in GSP. Looks amazing

I do like flowy corals! I actually happen to have a leather in my 34 gallon, and it is very nice. I also like GSP. They are all great suggestions!

Jlsardina said:
Don't have it yet- but it's definitely on my shopping list!

AUSSIE ELEGANCE CORAL

More hardy than other elegance coral. Requires a medium to high level of light and low to medium current, and occasional feedings of small pieces of shrimp, brine and mysis shrimp.

That's sweet!

Back
Top Bottom