Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh very nice! I loved mine, very colorful fish. It was like my 3rd sw fish ever. :-D as long as you have some rockwork for him you should be just fine. they love to hide so don't worry if you dont see him for a bit of time, just how they roll. LOL

I agree, the Royal Gramma is a nice addition. I had one once, but he and my Sixline Wrasse didn't get along, so the Gramma had to go back to the pet store. Since I don't have the Sixline anymore, I might get a Grmma for my 34 gallon after I am done treating for ich (which I hope to start soon by the way). :)

Oh don't scare him! LOL Usually, most of the time anyways they are fine together. As long as they are both oscellaris you have the best shot at them being cool with each other. I have a pair of orange osc. and black ones and each set has a mean girl fish, it's just in their nature to be somewhat aggressive so all you can do is hope you got a good pair. :)

I have a Black and White and an Orange and so far all is well. The Orange one is the protective female.

Just keep an eye on them is all. They will most likely be just fine. My b&w's are still doing heir bickering and trying to establish dominance so be prepared that may happen with yours as well. but it's supposed to be a phase and it will end eventually. :)

Also, don't be nervous if they start twitching, all that is is part of the fighting to see who is going to be the dominant one. :)

Well, I guess I was the unlucky one... They twitched, fought, and one ended up floating in the overflow screen...

My occelaris pair still bicker sometimes, but one is larger and the other one seizes, so I think I know which one is the female ;) I am getting a B&W pair for a future biocube, and I hope they are fine.

Greenturtle said:
My occelaris pair still bicker sometimes, but one is larger and the other one seizes, so I think I know which one is the female ;) I am getting a B&W pair for a future biocube, and I hope they are fine.

I think if they r the same color, ur good...

zacheyp said:
build is going awesome, just got a longnose hawkfish

Keep a tight lid on the tank. Over the years I lost three. If I left the tiniest hole open accidentally, he could hit it. One of my favorite fishes.

zacheyp said:
do you think i could get 2 more fish?

Little "Deadeye" was so accurate, he killed himself last month when he sailed thru a hole that looked smaller than him.

Attachments

• image-3307434803.jpg
    image-3307434803.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom