Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So zach, before I answer what exactly is in your tank now? And what did you plan for with regard to 2 more fish?

So zach, before I answer what exactly is in your tank now? And what did you plan for with regard to 2 more fish?

2 ocelarris, (1 b&w, 1 orange)
1 royal gramma
1 longnose hawkfish
some mushrooms
2 turbo snails
30 pounds of live rock

i would like to add 2 more fish and a bunch of corals, also can i add more live rock to an already cycled tank?

Ok first off, my opinion, whether you take it or not is one more carefully chosen fish. :)

Corals you can add to your hearts content, as long as they have some room to grow and are safe distances form each other when they need to be.

I wou;d not add live rock to an already cycled tank, most likely you will get a spike in parameters. You can either add more base rock or you can cure the new live rock in a separate container for a couple weeks if needed.

Ok first off, my opinion, whether you take it or not is one more carefully chosen fish. :)

Corals you can add to your hearts content, as long as they have some room to grow and are safe distances form each other when they need to be.

I wou;d not add live rock to an already cycled tank, most likely you will get a spike in parameters. You can either add more base rock or you can cure the new live rock in a separate container for a couple weeks if needed.

so i could add base rock, can i put corals on it, also which fish (or 2, if i choose) would you get?

You can place corals on any rock you like, dead or live. Keep in mind the "dead" rock isnt really dead anymore, it may not look it but theres life on them rocks. lol They will start to look more aged as time goes by so enough the nice cleanness of them while it lasts.

Hmm now what would I add? thats a tough one. Based on my experience with a bunch of fish I think I would add a yellow watchman first off. They don't take up alot of space and arent very swimmy fish so he'd be a good candidate. Now for a last possible fish. Since you'll be quite stocked I'd go for a small fish, but if it were me I'd get something like a blenny, but a small one that's kinda unique. I have a fangtooth blenny and a two spot blenny, kinda neat fish and small too. I'll look in my photo album and see if I don't have a picture of them for you.

Barnacle blenny

img_1632199_0_b2afca1862265a61cd3ac3ea3ec27237.jpg

Fangtooth blenny

img_1632199_1_99e92d9d0ef030636672ff9e7c73c064.jpg

Two spot blenny in my toadstool. he loves that thing, even sleeps there lol

img_1632199_2_dbd4369824c60775eab71d9617c70568.jpg

Barnacle blenny

img_1632216_0_b2afca1862265a61cd3ac3ea3ec27237.jpg

Fangtooth blenny

img_1632216_1_99e92d9d0ef030636672ff9e7c73c064.jpg

Two spot blenny in my toadstool. he loves that thing, even sleeps there lol

img_1632216_2_dbd4369824c60775eab71d9617c70568.jpg
thanks, good suggestion, is there somewhere taht has better coral prices that liveaquaria?

I get the majority of my corals locally, I find it's easier and better for me anyway to get what i want. I'm certainly not against getting it online but the prices are alot higher than what i pay around me if I just wait for the corals I want to become available. :)

are there any other fun (living) things i could add to my tank, i dont think i can get any shrimp?

mine don't. Emerald crabs are kind small and so are the porcelains. I have 6 pretty small fish in my 20g and none have been bothered by them.

mine don't. Emerald crabs are kind small and so are the porcelains. I have 6 pretty small fish in my 20g and none have been bothered by them.

thats good to know, are they ok with other inverts like hermits and snails
by the way thanks for the help and i love how this tank is coming along!

here are my plans to finish out stocking
purple fire fish
yellow watchman goby
3 emerald crabs
3 porcelain crabs
as many corals as i can fit!!!

what type of power head(s) would you reccomend and where would i get it (them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom