Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya it is, looking at dwarf angels, im between a coral bueaty and lemonpeel

Which one is less likley to nip at corals?
Thanks as always

I don't remember where I read it but coral beauty is less of a nipper than the rest of them. I also read that if you give them something to graze on between feeding it further helps reduce nipping.

Between the beauty and lemon? I would say the beauty. Between all the dwarfs? Flame or midnight.

Ultimately it's what you like. The flame or lemon will defiantly draw attention to your tank because of color alone. But there are so many pretty dwarfs out there.

there are both equally inclined to nip at corals dude. But from my experiance a lemonpeel is a really great fish to have and i have had both a lemonpeel and a flame angel but i wouldnt put it in anything less than 30 gallons they get prety big for being dwarf lol :p

current plans for stocking
a few shrimp and hermits
1 yellow watchman goby
2 ocelarris
1 royal gramma
1 longnose hawk
1 dwarf angel

Didn't we already discuss angels??? Lol... Ur list looked great before that.... I will warn you about the Condy nem, it will eat ur fish. Had one, ate a clown and 6-line in front of me. Plus nems require a stable system and high lighting. I learned that the hard way. Why not a flame hawkfish instead of the long nose? I have one and it's great with shrimp and other fish. Can't wait to see your tank either route you take, just be cautious of ur stock and take it slow. Don't add everyone at once. Watch your prams after you add fish, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good. I still think this tank would be good for an angel.

But that's my dirty little opinion. What corals have you decided on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah and +1 on a flame hawkfish. I've got one too and really like him.

If your up in the air about the longnose.

Not going with the nems, gonna start ad fowlr then add some mushrooms, I am leaning toward the angel though, several people on this board and at 3 lfs's have told me it would be ok.

zacheyp said:
Not going with the nems, gonna start ad fowlr then add some mushrooms, I am leaning toward the angel though, several people on this board and at 3 lfs's have told me it would be ok.

But A LOT of has have warned you about them, too. I personally want you to have a good tank with a good stock. SW aquariums are hard enough without adding more issues. And mushrooms are great! Check out the blue ones!

My plan is to gradually get all stock except the angel over a few weeks. Then if every thing seems good, I will bet an angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom