Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carey said:
i agree with joy, as long as the yellow watchman has his area and space they might be ok. My YWG chases all my fish in the biocube, even the mandarin and scooter. lol But he is an empty threat as all he does is lunge open mouthed at the other fish until they leave his area. I've never seen him actually connect with another fish or bite one. In fact all the other fish, including mandy the mandarin pretty much ignore him. lol

Really? My ywg just chills and watches my scooter go past him. Never had him be aggressive towards anything.

My YWG goes for ALL the fish. Even the clowns if they get close enough. i think he's grumpy cause he's not yellow anymore. He was a vibrant yellow, even won the POTM once, but now he's all drab grey and white with some black. He just looks annoyed in general. LOL

Mine is an off color too. A dull yellow but has darkish verticle stripes on him. He just chills though. He comes out and swims quite a bit now. Always fun to watch swim.

stocking is as follows
i know im a bit overstocked but thats life
2 clowns
royal gramma
clown goby
watchman goby
purple firefish
room for 1 more fish

my clowns are both under 2
the gramma is just over 1
the clown goby is under 1
the watchman is under 2

even if they do they will still be realitvley small

There's no "even if"- they will grow, especially the clowns. You put all your fish at risk if you overstock too badly. The fish you've picked are pushing it to begin with.

want more fish? you'll have to get a bigger tank. No two ways about it.

Not much. It still has to do with space as well. If you want, skip the clown goby. use that slot for another fish.

Although the tank isn't too too horribly over stocked if you had gone woth a clown goby. I can only imagine what you will want to put in it's place.

Do you have any chance of getting a larger tank? Is it the space you don't have or the money? Cause if you have the space i really would urge you to get a larger tank. You were talking about getting a pico tank, for that $50 you could have a 55g tank.

Not much. It still has to do with space as well. If you want, skip the clown goby. use that slot for another fish.

Although the tank isn't too too horribly over stocked if you had gone woth a clown goby. I can only imagine what you will want to put in it's place.

Do you have any chance of getting a larger tank? Is it the space you don't have or the money? Cause if you have the space i really would urge you to get a larger tank. You were talking about getting a pico tank, for that $50 you could have a 55g tank.

unfortunatley, long story short, i cant upgrade for A year, personally i think it would only be a little overstocked but your the expert so i have some thinking to do

I'm not an "expert" but the probable issues that glare at me are just common sense if you've kept fish before.

No one wants to be the bad guy, but theres gotta be a limit. Five fish pretty much hit that limit. I say get some corals once you get your light and concentrate on them. Corals can be so much fun and quite addictive too. I can't not buy one at least once a week. I probably have over 30 in the big tank alone. And forget about the 20g, it's stock filled with corals. LOL

I'm not an "expert" but the probable issues that glare at me are just common sense if you've kept fish before.

No one wants to be the bad guy, but theres gotta be a limit. Five fish pretty much hit that limit. I say get some corals once you get your light and concentrate on them. Corals can be so much fun and quite addictive too. I can't not buy one at least once a week. I probably have over 30 in the big tank alone. And forget about the 20g, it's stock filled with corals. LOL

i have reached a compromise stock up to six and if after a while everything is fine get a nano fish

7 fish would be really over stocked in my biocube. Youll be battling nitrates and nitrite constantly. Pleeeeese don't. They will be super stressed and you'll learn your lesson the hard way. Carey has 6 in her cube and she says she feels over stocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom