Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news, while I ordered the things to treat ich, the clowns died :(. My plan is to do the following how does it look
Return the stuff ordered
Let the tank run for 6-8 weeks only adding inverts and corals
Stock with
1B&w clown
1 orange clown
1 royal gramma
1 purple firefish
1 yellow watchman goby
1 sixline wrasse or bangaii cardinal.

Zachey - you're going to need to remind me - what size tank are we looking at now? My apologies, there's been some many different tanks going back and forth, I don't remember what is actually being talked about now...

Stock with
1B&w clown
1 orange clown
1 royal gramma
1 purple firefish
1 yellow watchman goby

So you're still determined to cram two clowns into a 20, along with a goby and a wrasse?

I would say put in the firefish, the gramma, the cardinal, and ONE of the other fish...two at the absolute
most.

images

Last edited:
For 1 sec, forget stocking, is adding no fish but adding inverts and corals over the next to months Ok?

zacheyp said:
For 1 sec, forget stocking, is adding no fish but adding inverts and corals over the next to months Ok?

What did u use to treat the ich with?

Hey zach, really sorry about your clown. :-(

You CAN put in inverts and corals if you want, not sure if I would but you could.

zacheyp said:
Bad news, while I ordered the things to treat ich, the clowns died :(. My plan is to do the following how does it look
Return the stuff ordered
Stock with
1B&w clown
1 orange clown
1 royal gramma
1 purple firefish
1 yellow watchman goby

Sorry about your fish.

Return the stuff ordered
Stock with
1B&w clown
1 orange clown
1 royal gramma
1 purple firefish
1 yellow watchman goby

Like stated before...6 is really pushing it. I would really remove one fish from the list, or switch out a free swimmer with a bottom dweller. Think about it.

And yes, you can add inverts and corals while the tank sits fallow for the next 6-8 weeks.

I would strongly advise that you go ahead with your QT setup now, so that you can QT your new fish in 6-8 weeks and you don't have to go through this again. Once you know your system is ich free, you don't want to add it back in.

--I know the frustration, I'm doing it all over again right now :banghead:--

How does this cud look right now I have 5 turbo snails and 2 hermit crabs(not sure what type) I plan to get 5 more snails (not sure what type) 8 more hermit crabs (not sure what type) 1 porcelain crab 1 emerald crab a cleaner peppermint and fire shrimp.
Is this an appropriate amout?
Will they be peaceful?
Are they reef safe?

zacheyp said:
How does this cud look right now I have 5 turbo snails and 2 hermit crabs(not sure what type) I plan to get 5 more snails (not sure what type) 8 more hermit crabs (not sure what type) 1 porcelain crab 1 emerald crab a cleaner peppermint and fire shrimp.
Will they be peaceful?
Are they reef safe?

Looks ok to me. I would get nassarius snails. They turn over the sandbed nicely.

zacheyp said:
Will they be peaceful?
Are they reef safe?

Looks like the best stocking plan youv ever had lol!! :D

zacheyp said:
Gboy66 do you think 6 fish is too many?

Yes. I am putting 6 in my 30 gallon, but i might do just 5. I prefer to see a less colorful/active community if i have the peace of mind knowing it is healthy and happy.

zacheyp said:
Return the stuff ordered
Stock with
1B&w clown
1 orange clown
1 royal gramma
1 purple firefish
1 yellow watchman goby

Just get 4 maybe 5 fish. 6 = 30 gallon, not a 20 gallon long

Its also not necessarily the number of fish, but the types of fish you've chosen. If you want 6 fish, pick smaller ones.

I'm in the process of re-stocking my 72 and have decided to go with almost entirely smaller fish, so that I can have a more active tank.

bighabeeb said:
Its also not necessarily the number of fish, but the types of fish you've chosen. If you want 6 fish, pick smaller ones.

I'm in the process of re-stocking my 72 and have decided to go with almost entirely smaller fish, so that I can have a more active tank.

Very true. Just because we say 4 fish is max, that doesnt mean you can have a box puffer, snowflake eel, niger trigger, and yellow tang. But im sure you alredy know this zach, just clarifying

bighabeeb said:

Even if zach does go all nano fish, he could still only get a healthy amount of 4, 5 nano fish being the max for a 20L
(and im not sure if a clown is classified as "nano" but i dont think so"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom