Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A clownfish is very very messy eater so the bioload makes it to much for a small tank.

I understock my tanks because of less chance of stress. Some fish just don't get along I have a lawn mower blenny that loves to pick on clown. He will pop out of no where and scare the clown they are in a 55 gallon with a royal gamma and a wrasse.

Five turbo snails are a lot for a 20 gallon besides that they like know knock stuff over and need lots of algae. I have 3 that I move around in 2 different tanks so they don't starve to death. You might like a couple of these instead Saltwater Invertebrates for Marine Aquariums: Banded Trochus Snail You don't have to worry so much of them not being able to upright themselves like the turban snail.

You might get away with it if you keep up on your water changes small frequent ones instead of one large one every week. Consider doing 1 gallon 3 times a week to keep the tank as clean as possible. I know that clowns are messy eaters I have 2 one in a 55 and one in a 28 gallon. In the 28 I have one other fish a midas blenny and I consider that tank fully stocked. I do a 2 gallon water change twice a week.

good news!!!!!!!!! my b-day is this week and i have gotten/ will get birthday money, i plan to buy tons of frags!!!!!!!! i am getting some acans, zoas, lps, sps and mushrooms. If i am getting frags, with my t5ho 4 bulb light how long will it be before my frags grow into full grown corals?

zacheyp said:
good news!!!!!!!!! my b-day is this week and i have gotten/ will get birthday money, i plan to buy tons of frags!!!!!!!! i am getting some acans, zoas, lps, sps and mushrooms. If i am getting frags, with my t5ho 4 bulb light how long will it be before my frags grow into full grown corals?

Happy early birthday! I am not sure how quickly they will grow though. There are so many different kinds of Zoas, they are great!

To be honest, some will take months to see a noticeable difference while some may just keep growing, like xenia and gsp's, they grow really fast. Corals like SPS take their time though.

And yes! happy Birthday ahead of time in case I forget! :-D

for cheap corals/frags which websites do u reccomend? LA is pretty pricey.

slightly off topic but this is going somewhere, i know the minimum tank size for a dwarf angel is 30 but if it were to be housed be itself would that change and if so by how much?

I've recently started to hear about saltcritter.com as well - looks kinda hoaky to me, but I don't know. Anyway, they have some cheap frags.

Just get the dwarf angel and stop insulting these people trying to help you by asking the same question over and over again. No you cannot get the angel no matter what you do, if it's housed alone, with 500 fishes, or with no water in a 20 gallon long aquarium. If you really want to though, then just do it. Stop asking the same question over and over and over again. Please, don't come onto a forum asking whether it can be done or not and just ignoring everyone's replies. Stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just didnt know if the fact that it would be in a tank by itself made a diffrence

Whether there's anything else in the bag or not, you can't fit 20 lbs of crap into a 10 lb crap bag (one of my wrestling coach's favorite sayings back in high school)

He posted pictures of his tank...maybe in a different thread, but he did post them :) They were nice.

attached is a pic of the new aquascape and t5's

Attachments

• new aquascap and t5.jpg
    new aquascap and t5.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom