Zachs 20 gal long build, addittions and filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to be the one to say it but I don’t think going from 6 to 5 fish in a 20 gallon is a big change . I see very little change, maybe thats just me. I say 3-4fish max in a 20. I would put no more than 3.

i guess i could go without the yellow watchman for awhile and add it only have water params are good and stable for a long time and there is no aggression

Hinds04 said:
I hate to be the one to say it but I don’t think going from 6 to 5 fish in a 20 gallon is a big change and am shocked at many of the positive reactions in this thread. I see very little change, maybe thats just me. I say 3-4fish max in a 20. I would put no more than 3 but I’ve said that at least 10 times in these threads.

Hes doin his best, researching, hasnt bought any of the fish, and has a new attitude for the hobby. I consider that a win, even though yes i agree with you that 4 fish SHOULD be the max.

Positive thoughts..lets not have this thread turn out like the last one lol

Here's a positive thought....

Buy a bigger tank. They cost next to nothing over there in the states I've heard.

Think about your fish.

If you can't afford the correct size tank for your pets you shouldn't be involved In the hobby.

Let's put it like this, I've just started a 20G long as a supplemental tank. I have 20lbs of live rock in there and a pair of clowns.

Let me tell you, there's not much swimming room, that's before I add coral.

Leighton79 said:
Here's a positive thought....

Buy a bigger tank. They cost next to nothing over there in the states I've heard.

Think about your fish.

If you can't afford the correct size tank for your pets you shouldn't be involved In the hobby.

Let's put it like this, I've just started a 20G long as a supplemental tank. I have 20lbs of live rock in there and a pair of clowns.

Let me tell you, there's not much swimming room, that's before I add coral.

Im sorry, but this has been stated 50+ times in his old thread...right now we just hope for the very best

But i agree, bigger tank=many more options:)

It not money, right now i just dont have the effort space or time

zacheyp said:
It not money, right now i just dont have the effort space or time

Well that says it all I'm afraid sir.

No effort or time, I'd give up making fish unhappy.

Space is workable, but effort and time? Don't even bother.

dude dont judge, i go to school full time and work part time, you really think i have the time or effort to upgrade to a bigger tank

It's not about judging young man.

You answered your own question, you don't have the time or effort for the hobby, there's no shame in that.

The shame is that this hobby takes lots of both and as I've said before, it may be time to evaluate what you are doing again.

Get some FW fish if you want fish sir.

My son has a tank that he hardly ever touches other than throwing a bit of food in and everything in it just keeps going, they seem indestructible to me, far more up your street.

yo misintreprited what i said, i said i dont have the effort or time to upgrade to a bigger tank but i am fully invested in my current tank

Tell you what, put 6 fish in, when it all goes pear shaped and crashes, don't come back here asking us why your tank crashed.

I bid you good day sir, over and out.

Tell you what, put 6 fish in, when it all goes pear shaped and crashes, don't come back here asking us why your tank crashed.

I bid you good day sir, over and out.

when in this thread did i ever say i would put in 6 fish, why are you unfairly critisizing me

Back
Top Bottom