Zack's 140 reef build :HELP WITH EQUIPMENT:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is what all of us want to do. In the end, we all keep our jobs. So, it can't be that good of money. Offset some of the expenses of the tanks themselves I'm sure.
I don't run your lighting, my system is currently all Ecotech products so I can't really say much about the lighting besides that it is doing things for you currently and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

No comments on the lighting huh? I guess I don't need the new lighting? That's fine with me haha. Save the cash. I ordered some Ultra Acans and a Favia. The favor should be here tomorrow and the acans will arrive Monday. I'm planning on growing some cans and maybe fragging and selling some online. Is this a good side business?

Once you've gotten you and your system dialed in and the corals are growing, then yes, you can make some money selling frags. Especially locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So the 40's are louder than the 60'? Interesting.. Then should i be inclined to get a 60?

If you got the mp40 QD dry end (the drive) you are looking at $150. The mp60 is almost $700. I guess it depends on whether you want quitter or more flow. ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I understand Sniper Hank. Sounds like I could use the Vortech more at this point either way. Is the short pulse a good setting?

They are claiming higher output. You can check them out on BRS. The only claim that my lfs could substantiate definitively was the noise reduction.

What about Scolymias? I have heard about some splitting and creating another head?

I used short pulse for a long time. I thought it was great until I tried out some of the other ones. I made adjustments to mine and it is on a schedule where it goes into different settings through the day. Reef crest puts out a ton of random flow. Moves a ton of water. I believe that is yellow...I don't remember what pink is but it moves water too.

I used short pulse for a long time. I thought it was great until I tried out some of the other ones. I made adjustments to mine and it is on a schedule where it goes into different settings through the day. Reef crest puts out a ton of random flow. Moves a ton of water. I believe that is yellow...I don't remember what pink is but it moves water too.

You are correct about yellow = reef crest. Red is long pulse maybe? I agree, it does move a ton of water.

I know the mp60 in my 180 gal in reef mode I ended up setting the max on like 7 or 8. Anymore than that and it would move rock scape.

Ok so I'm looking at either adding another mp10 and putting the Mp10's on the left and right side back walls withe the Mp40 in the middle. Or is 2 Mp40's, one on the left and one on the right, the better way to go?

I see what you mean. I set mine a little lower than 100% because my Frogspawn looked like he was in a sport car with the top down doing about 80... Best way I could explain it..

Seems like the setting and amount of flows good right now. but without the Mp10 on the other side there is no movement on the right side of the tank.. Even when the mp40 reaches the highest point I set it to. With the Mp10 there is a little movement on the right side. Doesn't seem to have any dead spots in the tank with both running

Back
Top Bottom