Zebra Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amrc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. 2 days ago we purchased a Zebra Goby for out 75 gallon tank (currently fish only with live rock, will do corals a couple years down the road). I did my research on them first, but somehow missed the part that said they we're schooling fish and do best in pairs or more. We only bought one and now I feel bad for the poor little guy, but have also read that pairs should be introduced at the same time- but I cannot find any information on why. So my question is: will our 1 zebra goby thrive on its own or should we go back to the same fish store and purchase one of it's former tank mates and attempt to introduce it to our aquairum?

Besides the 1 zebra goby we only have ocellaris clownfish, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 snail. We just got started stocking our tank a few weeks ago.

Thanks for any advice.

I have only one Zebra Goby and she's doing fine and social with the other fish. At the same time I have 14 blue/green chromis and they're not schooling at all.

cheers

W.

Back
Top Bottom