Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What inspired me was this:
Phase II - Aquarium Adventures

Check out the grow out of melevs refugium after only one month! That's what i want! Looks so awesome, and probably works wonders for excess nutrient export.

Definitely not lol. I'm a nobody. He's probably talking about someone from RC or someone who's in his area.

Yup. I'm just waiting for the owner to contact me when they receive a shipment of 14000k bulbs, since 20000k is too blue for my taste, and 6500k is for freshwater plants.

It's a 150w MH Pendant:

150W Metal Halide Pendant Lights

But i'm definitely buying that light. It's a great price since the whole package comes with the fixture, the ballast, and the bulb. I've heard that their ballast runs out within a year, and some last longer, but if it does run out in a year, i'll just replace it with another ballast because right now, getting this package is a lot cheaper than any other packages i've seen, or buying all the components separately.

A little update:

I've gotten a few things in the mail, but i've been slacking keeping up with this thread. However, tomorrow is my last big exam, so i'll have time to put up lots o' pictures. Plus, i'm getting a REALLY awesome piece of equipment in the mail tomorrow, so i'll put it up here then as well. :)

Really different but cool sized looking tank, makes me wanna do a little reef tank with my empty 30 gallon I have sitting around.

Steve

Sorry to hear the news Kevin. But on the bright side, with all the tears we shed you'll have enough sw to start the tank <g>

Sorry to hear the news Kevin. But on the bright side, with all the tears we shed you'll have enough sw to start the tank <g>

Hahahaha i definitely could!

Well, here's a short update, but there is more to come in a couple hours since i'm still working on a couple things. :)

Here's the glass-holes overflow and return kit, however, thanks to neilanh with his great advice, i've decided not to drill the tank for the return line. I'm going to use two 90degree elbows that will go over the tank, and i'll just connect my loc-line to the end. Loc-line is pretty cool, they're like ball-joints.

357g3np.jpg

Here's the small overflow box. Deciding on whether to make teeth.. or to just get black eggcrate and work something out.

4vg7b9.jpg

Here's the quiteone pump that i got. What i really like about this, it the flow dial, it has 6ft max head height(but i only have 4), and it's actually uber small. It can also run wet or dry, but since it's really small, and takes up almost no space, i'm probably going to just stick it in the sump and run it wet. We'll see.

azdqtv.jpg

Here's how small it is compared to the 10G tank:

n3stv6.jpg

So yeah.. that's all for now, but expect more pictures in a couple hours.

ilostnemo: What do you mean exactly? Do they make a different light for what? A light fixture/pendant doesn't come with the tank. It's just the tank... if that's what you meant.

Not sure, but it has the full 296gph at 6ft of head height, so i imagine it would still be 296gph at 4ft. It also has a flow dial so you can adjust how much flow is going on. So it looks like a good pump, but only time will tell.

ilostnemo: What do you mean exactly? Do they make a different light for what? A light fixture/pendant doesn't come with the tank. It's just the tank... if that's what you meant.

i know one doesnt come with it i was just meaning any other fixtures that'd fit this tank.

Back
Top Bottom