Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
New build thread! Finally!

As some of your already know, i was up and down constantly on what tank to use, and what lights to get, etc.. But i finally made a decision about a week ago, and now the results are in:

I'll be using a 25G Rimless Cube with the dimensions of 18x18x18, and turning it into a full reef. Softies, shrooms, zoas, LPS, SPS and one clam, most likely a maxima. I'll also be getting a 150w MH pendant.. but i'm still debating over getting the 150 or the 250. We'll see what happens.

As for the tank, i bought this as a Mr. Aqua tank from marinedepot, and i got it shipped to my door for under 100$.. and that's pretty amazing. The tank is really sturdy, the silicone job is way better than what i was expecting, and the edges are all perfectly aligned. Only thing.. they claim to use "high clarity" glass, but it's not starphire so i wasn't expecting anything spectacular and i was right to assume so. This glass looks the same as any other AGA standard aquarium. But i have no problems with that.. i didn't buy it for the high clarity glass. I would recommend this tank to anyone, and i would definitely buy it again. It was made very well, but i haven't water tested it yet so i'll do a full review later. Overall, the tank is awesome, and it's a heck of a lot bigger than i expected, which is good. :) So without further a due, here are pictures of the tank. Please excuse my bad camera skills.. :p

Here's one with flash:
rlyw54.jpg

Regular Shot:
sgtrly.jpg

Here's a comparison shot of the tank and my bed:
2vijzhj.jpg

And so that's all the pictures for the tank, ;)

Here's the rocks i'll be using, but i might be selling them and buying new base rock from marcos rocks, or another place that sells really nice base rock. Looking for online vendors that sell nice rock, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Here's the rocks i have for now, roughly 80lbs of fiji. You can see my toes too.. lol:
2r5pxn7.jpg

And here's the equipment i got for the 25G. It's a koralia 1, a koralia nano, and a rena smart heater(150w). I'll be running two heaters if this one doesn't cut it all the way, and the other one is a TopFin 50w heater. 200w worth of heaters should do the trick.. I threw into the picture a 30lb bag of aragonite just for fun.. but i'm glad for a 1.5" deep sandbed, it's the only bag i'll be needing.

643pti.jpg

Alright, so that's all for now, but i'll try and keep this thread updated as much as i can, but i can't start fully spending most of my time working on it until school is over, in about 4 more weeks, so that's not that long. But i'll be working on the rock structure during the next few weeks, so i'll keep you guys updated on that as much as i can.

Thanks to all for reading!

Yay!!! Glad to see you are starting your new tank already! I'll be tagging along because I know it's going to be awesome. :)

That tank is sweet. I'll have to check those out at marinedepot for maybe a future tank.

Haha thanks! For under 100$ shipped, you honestly can't beat the deal. The quality of the tank is great and the price was great too. Certainly glad i bought it. ;)

Awsome. Were did you get the tank from? I like it better then i thought and i might get it because i have room next to my 75g. I was gonna use my 20g tall.

Thanks for tagging along guys.

Etunes, i got the tank from marinedepot.com It's a Mr. Aqua 25G Rimless Cube. I love this tank and it's dimensions are perfect. The craftsmanship of the tank is great as well.

Nope. I'll be making my own stand. I already have all the wood, i just can't start building it until school is over.

Kevin,

Congrats. Looking forward to your build. Are you still in the Princeton area after school?
If so, let me know if you need something for the tank. I have lots of little stuff I'm too lazy to inventory and put on eBay <g>.

Kevin,

Congrats. Looking forward to your build. Are you still in the Princeton area after school?
If so, let me know if you need something for the tank. I have lots of little stuff I'm too lazy to inventory and put on eBay <g>.

hey i would not mind some of this murchindise for when i do my 20g. :rolleyes:

Who needs ebay when you have aquariumadvice.

Thanks cmor! I am still in the princeton area, so if i need anything, i'll be sure to contact you. ;)

Unfortunately, no updates. Nothing has really gotten done since those last pictures i took. I plan on working on the stand this weekend so i'll take pictures if i do in fact begin the stand. ;)

Back
Top Bottom