Zoa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use gelled superglue sold at the grocery or hardware store. They are all pretty much the same. I use the Weller brand.
And yes, you can glue down soft corals, I do it with mushroom polyps all the time. The trick is making a bead of superglue on the frag plug, then have your mushroom polyp face up on a paper towel, this dries the underside a bit. Then plunk the coral down on the bead of superglue. Give it a minute to set up in the air, the polyp won't care.

Consider using shot glasses with some thin plastic mesh over it if you do not want to lose them. The mesh can be found from the fabric store. I plan to glue 2-3 upside down bottle caps onto a strip of plastic and put the netting over the soft coral frags.

Softie Guy said:
Consider using shot glasses with some thin plastic mesh over it if you do not want to lose them. The mesh can be found from the fabric store. I plan to glue 2-3 upside down bottle caps onto a strip of plastic and put the netting over the soft coral frags.

Just don't suffocate the polyps, they need water flow to exchange gases (breath).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom