Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you get up there with designer zoas, they seem to get more sensitive and grow slower. Sometimes a slight alk swing can make them melt away.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When you get up there with designer zoas, they seem to get more sensitive and grow slower. Sometimes a slight alk swing can make them melt away.

Scary when you spend a couple hundred pp and shipping and it just dies on you. I guess that can happen with anything though. The only way I'd ever get some is during a deep discount live sale WYSIWYG.

We've all done it, just matters if it is a zoa polyp or a rare acro.
But it is easy to see in our systems. In mine my amor of God zoas melted down to two polyps from 8, I think, and the common zoa and palys haven't skipped a beat. I'm actually pulling green palys off the back glass and pitching them during water changes.

My Pink Zippers. Started with 3 small heads and now has 6

Nice pink zippers Beej. They are one of my favorites. Unfortunately mine melted away. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice pink zippers Beej. They are one of my favorites. Unfortunately mine melted away. :(

Thanks! They are amazing I love them. I'm hoping they end up taking over that rock they are on.

Here's a better picture I took last night using the photography Gel filters I'm testing with my iPhone 6s.

95% blue light 0%white LEDs and a yellow gel filter over the camera lens.

Sorry to hear about your zoas! Find some more!

Thanks! They are amazing I love them. I'm hoping they end up taking over that rock they are on.

Here's a better picture I took last night using the photography Gel filters I'm testing with my iPhone 6s.

95% blue light 0%white LEDs and a yellow gel filter over the camera lens.

Sorry to hear about your zoas! Find some more!

That shot with the gel filter in combination with the blue lights really brings those pink zippers to life. Absolutely beautiful coloring.

I hope to find some more of those. They must be popular because the price is going up from what i paid a year or so ago.

Updated zoa garden shot.
uDeB56e.jpg

I had a black light Yes poster when in college that glowed like that. Cool man.

Lol, thanks! I had several of those black fuzzy posters as well. Haven't heard some Yes in a while. ;)

Love my tubs blue zoas, they started with 3 polyps and over the past four weeks they are up to 6 with a few more buds sprouting. Hope they continue to spread fast to cover that rock.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's one I never had but weird still get if they became available at the LFS. Nice, good luck with them SD!

I ordered these as rainbows on line. they have only ever been pink to me and stayed at just 3-4 polyps for over a year. Just in the past month they have begun to multiply and I can actually see a little more color from the center (but I still would never sell them as "rainbow")

I can't compare with your photo quality, Paul!! But, I looked back on some pictures and noticed some decent growth in my zoa garden over the past two months. First pic is actinic only from May 3 and the second is from today.

I can't compare with your photo quality, Paul!! But, I looked back on some pictures and noticed some decent growth in my zoa garden over the past two months. First pic is actinic only from May 3 and the second is from today.

Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom