Zoa care !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pritchard said:
Yeh my Xenia is also thriving !

Glad to hear it. I always considered iodine very beneficial to Xenia. Some salt mixes have enough but if it's just basic salt or a tank with once a month PWCs small doses of iodine is good idea.

crister13 said:
Can u just buy iodine not for fish tanks and use it?? Like pure iodine?

Not pure iodine, no. Lugol's is from 2%-5% potassium iodine. The normal pharmacy Lugol's is perfectly safe and it's what we all used before aquarium use iodine came into the market. The aquarium stuff is great too, of course. The 2% Lugol's is what we use for small tanks and the 5% for large tanks or just dose more of the 2%. I dosed it (lightly) for years and years with only good results.

To relate back to the vitamin C dosing, here is a short article regarding the benefits it has on zoas. Interestingly enough, it mentions that this dosing would be similar to vodka dosing your tank...which is interesting since I was looking into how vitamin C would aid SPS, this being the closest thing to a benefit I could find compared to zoas increased color, extention, and expansion.
ReefSome - Vitamin C Dosing

Sniperhank said:
To relate back to the vitamin C dosing, here is a short article regarding the benefits it has on zoas. Interestingly enough, it mentions that this dosing would be similar to vodka dosing your tank...which is interesting since I was looking into how vitamin C would aid SPS, this being the closest thing to a benefit I could find compared to zoas increased color, extention, and expansion.
ReefSome - Vitamin C Dosing

Great article! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope to order a vit C suppliment later today.

Back
Top Bottom