Zoa dying or not ?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrvincent

Aquarium Advice Addict
This little part of my zoa is not opening, and is whiter than the other parts... Some parts don't close at night, and some don't open at days...

I reduced my light from 75% to 50%, everything look bleaching in my tank except my frogspawn... I turned the zoa frag, so the healthy parts are more near from the light, and the no healty part is under, so it recieve less light, but I don't know what this will do, I'm new to this hobby, and It cost me 25$ for that frag.

I know it's no a beautifull frag, but I wish the rock will be covered :)

614178DSC04644.jpg

How to do this, and what benefits will it do ? I dipped it in Seachem Reef Dip with aquarium water when I bought it there's two weeks. Found few aptesias on this frag that I immediatly killed with aptesia-x, but I think it's too late and my tank may be contaminated :(...

So, what's scientific reason to RODI dip it ?

I read some about freshwater dipping. This is to remove hitchhickers/malware/trojans?

Can I take RODI water, put some buffer to have a 8.0-8.4 PH ?

It looks to me like you have a sponge growing in between the polyps and choking them. No dip is going to correct that. I would take a small tool and scrape out between the polyps and see if that does the trick.

If you already used reef dip I doubt freshwater would help, but you could give it a try. Just bring ro up to temp then dip frag and swirl and agitate for a few minutes then return to display.

Then I'll wait a little bit more, and I'll give you news in 1 week, just to see if what I've done now is ok... If not I'll probably try the FW dip.

Back
Top Bottom