zoa growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got my radioactive dragon eye frag glued to a rock and placed my bam bam zoas in a nook the other day. Just wondering how to make these guys spread or if I can help them in any way. I love these zoas. Plan to get a few more types. Any comments or tips much appreciated or maybe another spectacular looking type i should look into.
Here's some pics of them now.

ForumRunner_20120802_201621.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_201708.jpg

Wow love them!!

I think you shoudl do sorta what im doin. Take alot of smaller zoa frags and add them to the same general area. When they grow, they will all grow together an like, blend!! Haha

Thanks. Yea well hopefully I will have a mat of them! There is actually about 5 heads on the bam bam rock that I don't know what kind they are. Same size and yellow and not very florescent at all. You should let me see a pic of what u have going on with yours.

Nice looking and great idea with putting them all together. I'm hoping to achieve the same as the both of you in my 8g.

image-3770684034.jpg

image-1002448631.jpg

Convict2161 said:
Nice looking and great idea with putting them all together. I'm hoping to achieve the same as the both of you in my 8g.

SWEET zoas Con. I really wish i could find the BEFORE and AFTER photos on a different forum using this idea. The rock basically looked like a blended rainbow after a year.,beautiful.

Suggestion, space them all out another couple inches from eachother and make sure they are all surrounded by rock for growing purposes:)

paul87 said:
Thanks. Yea well hopefully I will have a mat of them! There is actually about 5 heads on the bam bam rock that I don't know what kind they are. Same size and yellow and not very florescent at all. You should let me see a pic of what u have going on with yours.

I would but i still need more!! Haha i only have 3 types and 2 are semi colonys so they are too big errrhhhh.

I used to have 4 types...but Kobe the engineer goby decided to bury one lololol

Yea I need more too. I plan on getting a couple different frags of them soon. Only 2 now with the mystery yellow ones. And I got like 5 yellow polyps too. My Duncan is doing great and growing fast! I can't wait till my zoas do the same

I love how this one is starting to water fall off the rock
going to look good when it goes(y)

any ideas of what these are , they are getting tall can't wait till they spill over too wish had better pict under blues

Here's my week old frags from a 20 head colony I bought a few months ago.. gonna leave a few in my tank getting rid of the rest (theres yours in the back Adam ;)....)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120804_215155.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120804_215155.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 156
  • ForumRunner_20120804_215214.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120804_215214.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 128
How can you help them grow faster? Ive placed mine in a shaded area and they pull towards the light. They end up multiplying. Not sure if this helps grow them faster or not.

Rich42082 said:
How can you help them grow faster? Ive placed mine in a shaded area and they pull towards the light. They end up multiplying. Not sure if this helps grow them faster or not.

Every colony seems to have different needs. It's really hit or miss on placement but in general I've seen best results in medium light.medium/low flow

Here's my week old frags from a 20 head colony I bought a few months ago.. gonna leave a few in my tank getting rid of the rest (theres yours in the back Adam ;)....)

give a shout when your getting rid of any be glad to grab a few :D

54seaweed said:
any ideas of what these are , they are getting tall can't wait till they spill over too wish had better pict under blues

Those ate Zoas also....mine extend long at times...usually when the dragons breath is in the way of the light shining on them...it's like they are stretching for sunlight.

Try to put them closer to the top and see if they shrink back in...ether way it won't hurt them.

54seaweed said:
give a shout when your getting rid of any be glad to grab a few :D

The three in the front I'm still trying to find a new home ;) the other one ill be trading with needmorecowbell tomorrow (excited haha)

Back
Top Bottom