zoanthus frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i made some zoanthus frags from my yellow zoanthus all i did was break off pieces of rock and use a putty from marineland callled hold fast its in a tube and you have to mix it till it turns white will zoanthus spread onto this? the frag peices are kinda wiggily like a lose tooth but i think it will stay as long as i dont bother it to much this is my first frag will the zoanthus spread onto the hold fast?

its not really a putty it gets hard after its set it gets hard on the box it says its made for bonding live rocks and corals it says after 0ne hour you can sand it down i could sand it down so the coral can continue to spread onto the rock atleast

If this is a marine putty, the zoas will cover it in time. Next time use superglue. It's faster and IMO better. The putty is good for holding your liverock formation together.

That putty will work. The problem you will have is that it is to slow and the coral will slim over and the putty won't stick. Just get Super glue gel from the hardware store. Super glue, crazy glue etc. Look for this on the label:Ethyl Cyanoacrylate Gel.

Using the super glue gel is the best way to glue frags of any kind to plugs or rock. It sets almost instantly with zoas. They will spread over just about any surface so not to worry there.

alright guys i did some frags today with the glue they have not opened up yet i think i may have failed i couldnt get a thin layer of rock like i hoped for the zoanthids peeled of the rock in clumps of 3-8 polyps then i glued them to the rock they have like a purple skin to them at the bottom connecting each polyp i glued that to the rock a little glue got on some polyps i dont know how they will turn out but i made 3 frags rocks on fist sized rocks i will see in the morning if they open up and live

Not pretty ;) , but it should work. At least your frag stuck, my first frag completely fell off..ha,ha,ha

well i feel i have made a good leap into the world of frag cutting with 3 yellow zoanthus being fraged with marine putty and one with glue and at least two of my green zoanthus out of the three look awesome this mornig and they were done with the glue congrats to me yay!!!! i have at least six good frags with one more on the unsure list!!!! my first frags!!!! yay!!!!

Slang term for "accolades", "proper respect", or "just dues". Popularized in the 1980s by rappers who shortened the term "propers" which was in turn being used as an abbreviated version of "proper respect" at least by the 1960s. The increase in this term's usage during the late 1980s and early 1990s coincided with an increasing fascination with the mafia within rap circles. Both communities have traditionally placed great emphasis on the importance of earning and giving respect.

oh well thank you man lol never would have figured that one out lol anyways looked this morning that third zoanthus the green one was open and thanks again thincat. On a side not sorry i didnt make any posts all day yesterday i got home at 1 am i was helping out at relay for life with my gf.

Back
Top Bottom