Any Jersey Shore area fishkeepers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks it's funny I just saw you write in another persons topic about these places appreciate your feedback

LOL, I'm originally from NJ, (Elberon) and my association with Tropiquarium goes back to the mid 1960s and my Dad's went back even further as he went to school with Gert ( The owner on the plaque as you enter the fishroom from the South door :brows:) When I was back there this past May, I was not all that impressed with the fish in the store. The new store is nice but the fish quality left much to desire. So I went on a hunting spree and visited a number of stores but these 2 stores were the only ones I would consider ( and did) buying fish from. The glitz of the stores was not the store ( as with most big box stores) it was in the tanks ( where it really counts (y)).
You can tell them Andy, the Angelfish guy from FL sent you. ;) ( No, I don't get a commission for sending people there :lol:.)

Good luck (y)

Had mixed results at tropaquarium, last year many of my fish from there died and had ich. This year I've bought six endler's minnows there and they're great, plants too. I live near point pleasant and I really love Sharkey's on Rt. 88! Mark is helpful and very healthy fish/plants, prices reasonable too.

Back
Top Bottom