Attention NY/NJ members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
The Greater City Aquarium Society will be back in full gear very soon. The Society meets at the Queens Botanical Gardens, Flushing NY on the first Wednesday of every month.

The 1st meeting of the Season will be on September 7, 2005. All meetings begin at 7:00 pm.

This is looking to be an exciting meeting to kick the season off as there are auctions at every meeting. Historically, this meeting has yielded numerous fish, plants and other hobby goodies. If you've never visited an Aquarium Club meeting in the past, this is the one that should not be missed.

If interested or need directions, please let me know.

Yesterday was the biggest GCAS auction I've ever seen. You could tell that people were busy in their fishrooms this summer!

I picked up an adorable blue delta-tail betta. His new home is a 2.5 gal tank (purchased at a GCAS auction last year) in my lab office. He has a sponge filter and a big clump of Java moss.

Jchillin did extremely well at the auction - he went home with a big shopping bag full of fish goodies! :D However, I was kicking his chair when I noticed that he wasn't bidding on the six juvie koi angels that sold for a mere $20!

Brian, Jon...we missed you!

I was kicking his chair when I noticed that he wasn't bidding on the six juvie koi angels that sold for a mere $20!

LOL...I thought I explained it...I had a priority list. I really needed to get all of those fancy guppies and the BN's...and the java moss. The Koi's were on my short list...you know, those things that'll get you in trouble if you do it?

I did kick your chair for quitting the bidding on that huge clump of java ferns which went for $8.00 :mrgreen:

Thanks for the note Andy. :D

I'll definitely be at Octobers meeting.

Back
Top Bottom