Bostonians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone here recommend a good LFS that sells freshwater fish? I tried looking around online and haven't had much luck. I'd rather not go to petco/petsmart over in Cambridge but will if I have to.

I'm hoping to wrap up my first cycle in the next few weeks and then will be looking to start a community tank.

Thanks in advance!!

There's lovely pets in Alston I believe, i go to uncle Ned's in millis.. tropic isle in framingham..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

x2 on uncle ned's!

i live in norwood. there is a shop in quincy that i have been meaning to visit, but cannot think of the name right now and am too lazy to google it at the moment.

and yeah, the last post was 2 months ago. i should try reading carefully before posting, ha.

Uncle neds had some goodies last time I was there..

there is a shop in quincy

I live right in the city, so this is the closest one to me. Lovely Pets is the name of the store. I really enjoy doing business with them there. I did replace some cardinal tetras there after some of my original batch died and lost all but one due to Ich. The whole stock tank came down with it actually, they just hadn't developed symptoms yet.

The owner was super about it, gave me medicine on the house, then when I came back after I had cleared the tank of Ich, he gave me 10 Harlequin Rasboras to replace my loss. I went back again last week to pick up some corys and got additional store credit, he wants to, "make it right". He has certainly secured my business. I'm sure that getting Ich from a stock tank happens often enough that it wasn't a reason to stop shopping there right away. (I did get a QT tank though after that experience!)

great to see some members that are in the area. i was at ned's last week. i am trying to figure out what to stock in my 20 gallon long when it finishes cycling.

ammonia 0
nitrites .25
nitrates 7

soooooo close.

was hoping for a pair of nannacara anomola but ned doesnt have them. may end up with a pair of one of the following: a type of apisto or kribs or rams but have never kept any of those.

brookster, did you see those little baby stingrays at ned's? very cool

You should get some seeded media from them, that's how I cycled my tank, ask neds Lil hippy brother for a bag of bugs! They have some male apisto cacs in, no females though.. the new batch of gbr are really nice but I would highly recommend waiting a few months on those..

just retested and got my very first result of ZERO nitrites!!

i actually did get a bag of bacteria from ned's on monday. finally down to zero nitrites and cycled!

Hi, I'm in Cambridge. Anyone else in the city?

Actually, I'm looking for a microworm culture and, due to an accident earlier this evening, some seeded filter media. Feel free to PM me if we're neighbors!

Hi, I'm in Cambridge. Anyone else in the city?

Actually, I'm looking for a microworm culture and, due to an accident earlier this evening, some seeded filter media. Feel free to PM me if we're neighbors!

Saw you on tpt.. i can get you the seeded media..

If you know anyone interested in a 30g tank with stand
206 filter fluval, decor, light, heater,
I'm in Springfield let me know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey is anyone selling RSC or nano fish in the city? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down sizing. I have 4 tanks now and am putting the fish in my 30 into my 40 and wanting to sell tank, solid wood stand, fluval 206 filter, glass lid, heater, light, gravel..... decor if you want it....

Good light. Tank has most live plants.

Will be cleaned 100%

Filter obviously has seeded media, tank has been running 3 years.

NEVER had any disease. (ICH)

PM me

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi all, Im downsizing and selling my colony of least killifish H. formosa. There are about 15 adults and a ton of juveniles, some wild type some gold type. I'm in Cambridge!

And if anyone needs pest snails I'm your girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down sizing. I have 4 tanks now and am putting the fish in my 30 into my 40 and wanting to sell tank, solid wood stand, fluval 206 filter, glass lid, heater, light, gravel..... decor if you want it....

Good light. Tank has most live plants.

Will be cleaned 100%

Filter obviously has seeded media, tank has been running 3 years.

NEVER had any disease. (ICH)

PM me

Asking 300. But. Negotiate ....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom