CT based AA members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone been to west Hartford puppy center and aquarium? Want to check it out, but not if it isn't worth the trip

Made the trip to west Hartford puppy center and aquarium, WHAT A PLACE! Good selection of supplies and a awesome selection of fresh and salt water. Headed back to get lighting and a uv filter.

Munchie said:
Made the trip to west Hartford puppy center and aquarium, WHAT A PLACE! Good selection of supplies and a awesome selection of fresh and salt water. Headed back to get lighting and a uv filter.

Cool, might have to check it out. Any aquatic plant selection there?

Yea they have quite a nice selection of plants. Various sizes and decent prices.

Munchie said:

puppy ctr has a dope fish selection for sure!! def worth the ride!!

also all pets clubs in wallingford & branford are pretty good too

I'm in Fairfield, just had some liverock and RODI delivered from westport aquarium. Turn out I was in boy scouts with the owner, small world. They are usually very helpful, and have an OK selection of African FW and assorted SW fish.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?

TBH, I think West Hartford Puppy Center and Aquarium is severely over priced. Although the selection is huge and awesome; it is dirty, smells, and in those little boxes that hang on the tank's side while they get you the fish you want, there are dead Goldies in it. DISGUSTING! $7 per CPD and $3 for an Apple Snail. It was absolutely gorgeous and perfect but $3....? Come on. Besides that the selection is great. Only things that need work are the cleanliness of the shop. I was very pleased with the saltwater section although it was small. They had beautiful frags and the Salt tanks weren't even close to the dirty-ness of the Fresh tanks.

Also, $20 per CRS and $5 per RCS. I was shocked. I can usually get RCS for $1.50 per and $10 per CRS.

Love that we have a site based out of CT for supplies! Welcome!

I live Norwich ct . But, I do go to fin and feather. The tanks are not the cleanest and in my opinion it's over priced. But it's better than petco and petsmart

CT Reefer

I live in CT too just got my new 110 up an running a few month back, took a break after 2011 killed my entire 55 gallon, but now I'm back with a bigger and better tank!!! Looking for people to trade with or barter with, I own a construction company and am a licensed contractor so if you need anything done maybe we can work something out"

As far as stores locally go, aquatic wildlife, Derek is one of the most knowledgable people I have met in the business plus they keep a super clean nice store. Puppy center is pretty nice too. I'm in Windsor locks so sometimes we sneak over to aqua dreams cause its close, couldn't stand that guy for awhile prices were high and he was rude, but went in recently and prices are average p,Lu's his attitude has done a turn around to the point where he offers great free advice!

Starting a job in Milford this month so now I am real excited to check out the store everyone's talking about done there

Well glad to find some local reefers. Good luck and have fun

Hey I've just moved to Danbury away from Waterbury Aquarium sadly, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good stores in the area? Whether a little ways into Westchester or just somewhere in the Danbury area? Thanks!

Norwich CT here. There are no stores around here. Fin & Feather in Groton is closing in a week. Good deals till then though...
I used to live in central CT. Puppy Center didn't have much in terms of community FW tho...I mean nothing GOOD. Just Ur normal stuff but prices are outrageous.
Any suggestions in Southeast CT or Western RI??

Vernon's a bit of a drive for you but Wet pets is amazing. They have different filters for every single tank in the place! All kinds of fish and equipment and the people who own it know what they are talking about. Also, Animal Kingdom has lots of live plants.

Ansonia here. Originally from New Haven. Check out Slither n Swim in West Haven for some nice FW fish. They have quite a few oddballs and hard to finds. Also a big selection of reptiles also.

Also I'm selling off my green swordtails. I have an ad in the classifieds. Always interested in plants also!

I'm in Storrs. Best independents are Wet Pets in Vernon, Animal Kingdom inTri-city plaza Vernon, and the store next to Panera on Deming Road in Manchester.

Big box stores are Petco in Mansfield and Killingly Plaza and PetSmart in Manchester. Petsmart is the best of the three IF you can talk with Helene, Petco in Mansfield has a new woman clerk who offered to order a fish I've been wanting for ages!

Ugh, the Animal Kingdom USA in Carmel NY is no longer carrying *any* kind of fish. They upped their aquarium product stock though, so whatever. Really disappointing as they had a great selection and a lot of tanks. I don't know any other good places in my neck of Fairfield or Westchester counties.

Back
Top Bottom