Fishless cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any of you guys tried fishless cycling. Any advice? Where did you source your ammonia.

Spoor3773 said:
Any of you guys tried fishless cycling. Any advice? Where did you source your ammonia.

It's the best way to start a new tank, unless you have an established tank, then there's another way you can cycle.

If you didn't see it, search "fishless cycling" here in AA for details. I found my ammo at Ace Hardware, just look for pure ammo, no soap, etc. If you shake it and it foams, don't use it.

If you read thru the fishless thread and still have questions, there's lots of help available here :D.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I went to my grocery store n bought 1 piece of shrimp. Threw it in there n let it rot. That worked for me

I went to my grocery store n bought 1 piece of shrimp. Threw it in there n let it rot. That worked for me

Hi Grease, I'll be cycling a new tank soon... wondering how much you speeded up the process by adding that one raw shrimp? Thanks!

The process takes about one month no matter how u do it. U will need to add a ammonia source. Some people put a hardy fish like a damsel in there. I don't like that bc it cruel to fish since ur tank is going to be unstable n they r territorial. I put the shrimp in like a week after setting it up.

Back
Top Bottom