LFS in Queens area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow, hows it goin guys. I just joined this forum and wow noone posts anythign!!! so here we go imma start a post for any lfs in the area of queens.
i know of tropical fish and maine st aquariums in flushing(same owner)- great variety but kinda pricey.
Fish town usa-all the way down northern blvd.-great variety of fish and great prices, one of my favorite fish stores, but customer sergvice is horrible. They good good stuff though, got my lion for 21 bucks, maroon clown for 13, purp gramma basslet for 6, coral beauty for 15, and snowflake eel for 12 bucks. I thought that was extremely.
There is also Blue Gold Aquariums in elmhurst- not really a sw store but decent FW selection-typical asian lfs big on flowerhorn-arowana-discus.
THe last store i know of is H2o aquariums on queens blvd-brand new just opened.

Any body wanna share about a lfs they know of?

You just listed all of the LFS that I know of in Queens. I happen to like Fishtown USA, my German Blue Rams and my corydoras julli came from them several months ago. I agree about the service...not enough handlers, but they do know their stuff...much more so than the others (with the exception of Tropical Fish).

haha. firs tof all i would like to thank you for inviting me to this forum, idndt even know that it existed. BUt anyways my tank is still new you have any lr or frags that you would like to sell or give away? :) i am still a student SW stuff is so expensive!!! Well regardless do you know any good places with cheap stuff? Where are you from jchillin? im from Forest Hills Queens

<gasp> why only fw? at first i thought fw ONLY! but wow waht was i missing, once you go salt water you never go back to fresh. You should definately give it a try dudes!@

I'm from Queens too and know of the stores you mentioned. My fave is Fishtown USA.
If you have a car, there are some great lfs on Long Island, like Aquarium Adventure - another fave of mine.
In Manhattan, there's New World Aquarium on 3rd and 38th.

Back
Top Bottom