Long Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LIMentality420

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone from Long Island too ? Whats your favorite lfs ? What town is it in ? Anyone know where to buy RO water on long Island ?

I used to like BTJs Jungle in Babylon. Then it burned to the ground just before Christmas. :( . Now I frequent Billy Bs on Jericho Tpke in Huntington, and Pets Warehouse on Sunrise Hgwy in Copaigue. Where on LI do you live?

I live in Glen cove. The new BTJ's is on the service road of sunrise about 15 mins. east from Pets Warehouse. I was at BTJ's 2 days ago. I brought my Oscar, Pacu and Convict there so I could set up my sw tank. I never been to Billy Bs before.

Not far from where you live is one of my favorite lfs - Aquarium Adventure. They're on the east side of Glen Cove Road just north of the LIRR tracks. A bit pricey, but they have a fantastic SW and FW selection, and salespeople who know what they're talking about.

Another fantastic place is FishTown USA on Northern Blvd and Francis Lewis Blvd in Flushing - well worth the trip.

Yeah I been to Aquarium Adventure. They definately have a great selection and great show tanks. Did you see the shark tank by the library ? There prices are a little to high for me though. If you buy online and pay shipping it's still cheaper then buying from them. I never been to FishTown USA. I might go check it out. Thanks...

Yeah I went there first but, theres not alot of people going to that forum and I can't post any topics in that forum.

Anyone know where to get low priced LR on Long Island. Pets Warehouse has it for 6.99 and 3.99 for live BR. The live base looks pretty good, it's in tanks full of snails too.

I see you are posting in the NY forum, so I will move this post. There's lots of LIers and displaced LIers on the board :D

As an advisor, it is part of my job to keep things in order. Having grown up on LI, I am aware that it is part of NY, hence this thread about Long Island is part of the New York/New Jersey Froum. And it's Ms, not bro.

Deb usually corrects stuff right away..There is not aLong Island forum so this is a NY forum so I thought it would make sense to post here. Sorry if it confused you...

Back
Top Bottom