NY/NJ locals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawi Freak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone else here from the NY/NJ area. The club that I keep meaning to join is holding a swap meet tomorrow. The inside scoop has it that there are gonna be tons of plants, cichlids, and bulk food at super cheap prices. Its from 10-6 in Lyndhurst NJ at the Elks club.

Im so excited Im debating on picking up a 55G and setting it up just in case I find something I like. Im also really hoping to find some used tanks there.

Darn! I'm in Delaware, I travel up to nj and ny alot for work but busy this weekend. Sounds like fun! Good luck and update us afterwards on what you grab!

Oh man, I have a pretty busy day but may be able to squeeze that in. That would be really cool to check out.... And possibly make some purchases!

Oh boy I got some goodies. I'll post in a little bit exactly what.

Sneak peek - ill be setting up 2 more tanks tonight for breeding.

Malawi Freak said:
Oh boy I got some goodies. I'll post in a little bit exactly what.

Sneak peek - ill be setting up 2 more tanks tonight for breeding.

I'm so jealous!! I didn't get there til about 3pm and alot of the tables were already packed up!! I'm curious to see what you picked up.

You probably saw me then. My wife was the vendor at the table with all the candles.

I ended up getting:

5 java ferns
3 amazon swords
1 anubias
4 strawberry peacocks
5 ob peacocks
4 synodontis cats
2 30 breeders
Bunch of food and I grabbed this new food that is a aufwuchs powder mixed with water and then you cool it into a gel.

Malawi Freak said:
You probably saw me then. My wife was the vendor at the table with all the candles.

I ended up getting:

5 java ferns
3 amazon swords
1 anubias
4 strawberry peacocks
5 ob peacocks
4 synodontis cats
2 30 breeders
Bunch of food and I grabbed this new food that is a aufwuchs powder mixed with water and then you cool it into a gel.

Ahh I probably seen you then I came with my girlfriend. You made out well!!

I think I seen that food you are talking about, was it in plastic packages? I was a little hesitant lol. I'm gonna check out their auction in April. Thanks for letting me know about that, i spoke to a couple people about their club too. I'm jealous I didn't make any purchases!

Yeah. Im not too sure how the quality is but i also grabbed some of the veggie flakes. I made some of that aufwuchs last night. My house was STANKIN!! You have to boil it and wow, it was one of the worst smells I've had in my house in a while. Haven't fed it to the fish yet, it's in the fridge in the gel state now. I'm excited for the auction.

Here's some pics. All the plants are in and rocks were rearranged making some bigger tunnels as the fish have been growing. My saulosi male is coloring up nicely. And heres a pic of the new peacocks and the dominant strawberry.

Attachments

• image-2871102550.jpg
    image-2871102550.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-916599228.jpg
    image-916599228.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1242506182.jpg
    image-1242506182.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2044045722.jpg
    image-2044045722.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3134823001.jpg
    image-3134823001.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-863084602.jpg
    image-863084602.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 82
Malawi Freak said:
Here's some pics. All the plants are in and rocks were rearranged making some bigger tunnels as the fish have been growing. My saulosi male is coloring up nicely. And heres a pic of the new peacocks and the dominant strawberry.

Well done. Sweet set up!

Back
Top Bottom